Which course is the BEST value for money?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agree on gullane. 2&3 on a day ticket for £70 iirc. Especially good considering green fees for lots of Scottish seaside courses are pretty steep for visitors.

Down in Herts/north London I like crews hill @£20 for a Twilight.

In winter, I seem to remember west hill is £60, which seems pretty good...

D

Deleted member 17920

For a top 100 course in the world.

Woodhall Spa by a mile, most of the others you cant get on or the green fee is double what we charge.

£95 summer rate, £65 twilight and winter rates at £57 are a bargain.

For a normal day to day course.

Played The Oxfordshire £25 that was a steal.
Forest Pines £20

and the fabulous Pitlochry for £20.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pennard is a great shout , Frilford on their winter/spring packages are good , Purdis Heath , Blackmoor , Tadmarten Heath and Huntercombe

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Top Course.. think for me it would be Ganton on County Card(after 2ish) IIRC £50 or Machrinanish twilight about £45..Ganton pips it

Normal courses... Bambugrh Castle on a twilight deal iirc £20 or £25, Kendal for £15ish on twilight deal or Cleeve Hill for about £20...all have great views and some really memorable holes...Bamburgh Castle is the winner for me.

Bamburgh for £20. 😳 We played Bamburgh, Goswick and Alnmouth on a coastal deal. Stonking VFM.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
For a top 100 course in the world.

Woodhall Spa by a mile, most of the others you cant get on or the green fee is double what we charge.

£95 summer rate, £65 twilight and winter rates at £57 are a bargain.

For a normal day to day course.

Played The Oxfordshire £25 that was a steal.
Forest Pines £20

and the fabulous Pitlochry for £20.

Once stayed a couple of weeks at Rannoch bridge on Loch Rannoch. Had chance to play Pitlochry and turned it down 😖

Playing Chesterfield for £15 in July, looking forward to that.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been quite a while since Ive paid a courses headline visitor rate, just think that the majority are overpriced, am fortunate to have played a lot on county card or as a members guest and is a great benefit of being on this forum! Also had reciprocals and a theres a lot of good deals about in terms of opens or spring/autumn deals, sunday night stays etc

GolfingPastor

Visit site
£20 to play the lesser known Lakes course @ the Vale. Crazy investment continues to go into this course- condition is incredible

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't think i have paid many normal green fees - usually members guest, society (GM) or club matches - but Cornwall was great value - can't remember prices Peranporth was amazing at around £25 with 2-4-1 vouchers - and what a fantastic course

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last night I played Oxford GC for £15 which is an absolute bargain.
Definitely the best VFM course I have played.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not sure it fits with the theme but I think its worth a mention. Fife municipal group of courses priced for rock up/pay & play from as little as £14 at weekends and even cheaper through the week. So places like Dunnikier, Kinghorn & Glenrothes are excellent VFM (although I haven't played them in a while so cant comment on current condition) Even a peak weekend tee time is just £25

D

Deleted member 21258

Anyone calling £50+ a bargin, well it beggars belief really. And £90+ good grief!!!!! A bargin???? Christ almighty!

Think you missed the bit where LQ said for a Top 100 course in the world its a bargain. And you can play there cheaper on one of their Opens (think I paid £50 including food)(y)

The thread is best value for money, not what is the cheapest. Most people have given a mixture of courses, some well know and some not which are good value for money when compared to other courses in the same league.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know I have already said the Filly at Close House but another course has just jumped into my mind. Richmond GC in N.Yorks. Smashing course, good fun, well kept, some funky holes and a cracking par 3 to finish. Couple that with a warm welcome and Yorkshire prices in the clubhouse afterwards. Just off the A1, so ideal if you are going past the area as part of a golf trip. £20 on tee off times all day, worth it, £11 hot deals around the 11am mark most days, blinding value.