Golf courses in Kent

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Austin Lodge on Saturday in a ten man society group. Shot 89 on a handicap of 22 and got 39 stableford points. Won both lowest score and highest stableford! :)

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
Westerham GC - Easily the toughest course I've played. Not that I've played that many, but still.

I liked it though as we thought it well kept and interesting.

Would I play it again? Yes, but only once I've broken 100 and then can do so on a reasonably regular basis!

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
Played the Spitfire course at West Malling yesterday. Didn't really rate it at all.

Hole 14 (I think) was an absolute joke - the one with the steep slope in front of the high raised green.

The 17th was a poor hole as well - such little room for error.

I think I prefer the Hurricane course, which isn't particularly good either.

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
I have only played a few rounds this year so far.

I shot a 94 at Upchurch and 89 at Austin Lodge.

Got a square 100 at West Malling (Spitfire) yesterday though. Was ice cold and hard work! The greens were covered in chunks of ice that sent putts all over the place!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played the Spitfire course at West Malling yesterday. Didn't really rate it at all.

Hole 14 (I think) was an absolute joke - the one with the steep slope in front of the high raised green.

The 17th was a poor hole as well - such little room for error.

I think I prefer the Hurricane course, which isn't particularly good either.

Welcome to my least favourite golf hole i've ever played, you need to hit a 6 iron off the tee to leave yourself far enough back from the big tree not to be blocked out to hit up the hill.

As for the 17th, I think the little room for error makes it a better hole for it, there are many oher holes on that course that give you freedom to go for it bit more whereas 17 the key is accuracy.

The Hurricane was a vey good course, but they are undergoing a number of changes due to loss of land so it plays very differently now to how it should/did not played it since the changes started.

As for other courses. If I never play Upchurch again it'll be to soon, dangerous amount of cross overs and imo very bland out on someholes and to many blindshots

Holty

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed to get a day off work late notice yesterday, so ventured down to Kings Hill in West Malling - cracking place, seems to have coped with a hard winter well and loved the atmosphere there!

Would definitely recommend it to any fellow forumers