Which course is the BEST value for money?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Based purely on the normal visitor green fee, which course do you think offers the most bang for your buck? Silloth has to be right up there, Pennard is also a cracking course for £65.

Not interested in Opens, societies etc as Joe Bloggs may just decide to rock up for a game tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 21258

Top Course.. think for me it would be Ganton on County Card(after 2ish) IIRC £50 or Machrinanish twilight about £45..Ganton pips it

Normal courses... Bambugrh Castle on a twilight deal iirc £20 or £25, Kendal for £15ish on twilight deal or Cleeve Hill for about £20...all have great views and some really memorable holes...Bamburgh Castle is the winner for me.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gullane 3 or 2 for me. Good value, great courses and always an enjoyable round no matter how you play. Add in being able to go round to the Gullane Fry afterwards for a pizza or a smoked sausage supper makes it a great day out.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Top Course.. think for me it would be Ganton on County Card(after 2ish) IIRC £50 .
Sorry not letting you have this one as not everyone on here is a club member therefore having access to a county card :p

The others are good suggestions though (y)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lovely little parkland course in Donegal of all places is 10 euro and for me is great value for money. it is not the longest of tracks but in great condition and has plenty of fun holes to play.

When I think of the many courses that charge the thick end of £50 to play, this place sticks out as great value for money.

Ballybofey & Stranorlar Golf club.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm back over at the end of the month Gaz so if I have a few hours to spare I'll check it out (y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Gone a bit Cornwall 'ere! Regardless of the £32 it says on their website, I have never paid more than £25 to play Bude...just turning up, no cards etc.... St Austell...a James Braid.... £30 , same price at Truro... Trethorne..great fun at £24

Just for starters!

Silloth been mentioned... I remember getting on Birkdale for £60 not so long ago too!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Give me a shout and I will join you. you will only need a half set. You can give the driver a rest for the day. Haha
Will do! Going to be a full on week of decorating but every man is due a little 'down time'. I've got a full set over there :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Close House (Filly Course) did a Christmas voucher deal for £10.00, absolute steal.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Best value I've played was the New Course at St. Andrews. Played this on the last week of February, when it was unseasonably warm (mid to high teens) and they had lifted fairway protection. Was £40!

Also, been over to Machrihanish a few weeks ago where we paid £110 for all day play. I reckon if this course was near other populated golf spots such as Ayrshire, Lothians, Fife, Fylde or Kent etc. it would be double the price.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've never paid more than £20 there, I also dibbed in on the £10 deal but I suspect D4S will not allow that. Anyway, £20 to play there is still an absolute bargain.
I think in the spirit of the thread it's best to stick to the 'rack rate' that everyone on here has access to at any time. Who knows, maybe somebody will take a day off at short notice and go play a belter of a course for cheap money that they wouldn't otherwise have known about :)

D

Deleted member 16999

I think in the spirit of the thread it's best to stick to the 'rack rate' that everyone on here has access to at any time. Who knows, maybe somebody will take a day off at short notice and go play a belter of a course for cheap money that they wouldn't otherwise have known about :)
But, but ;) the offer was available to anyone.
Almost every club can do deals if you know the right person.:censored:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm gonna give my old club Cleveland a shout out for this one. Cheap as chips and very ,very welcoming. I know Fish has done a few visits up there and loves a night out in Rosie O'Grady's followed by a game.

After that, Silloth. A stunning course with stunning views too.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m not sure I’ve ever played full price for a round....

I’ve seen some people knock it. But can regularly get Sweetwoods for 16 which is a bargain imo.
Canterbury for £20 is good value too.

Best I’ve ever personally got was Brabazon for free when the American golf vouchers first came out. I know that doesn’t count.

Celtic manor have some real good value if you go last minute. Both their minor courses are worth the £17 they want imo.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
As I mentioned on the other thread Silloth.

Perranporth was great value on a 2 for 1. Think it worked out at about £25.