Which ball - I'm confused??

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys - lots of useful information and balls to try :)

I'll buy a sleeve of the recommended ones and head out on a quiet day and compare performance and feel.

I know the forum has been a bit "controversial" of late but this thread and the response is what makes it so special. Fellow golfers happy to offer advice and even golf balls to try :thup:

PS Kid - Value For Money is right, not tight :)

Hooper

Head Pro
Visit site
Amanda.....The Wilson Balls are great...Either or......I usually use the DX2's in the Winter and the 3's in the summer....As the numbers imply....The DX2 is 2Piece and the 3 is 3 Piece.......

They dont scuff too easy and there pretty long of the tee too and straight......Their party piece though is the feel off the Irons and the putter....I would nearly have them in the same class as some of the Tour Balls off the putter......

I dont really buy into all the hype of the tour balls....Ok they spin more but im not sure that my short game is that fine tuned that i can catch the ball so clean as to have it check up on the second or third bounce......Im rarely aggressive with my chipping....More often than not i allow for a little run out and if you are used to the way the ball reacts for than then i think ball choice is a mute point.......

Also your comment about being tight!.....I wouldnt say that your tight....Id say your realistic in that you see the value in money and dont buy into all the tour ball crap.:thup:

I thought the same up until somebody gave me a few older Pro V1xs. The big difference for me was the consistency I get chipping and pitching. Receiving these may just have coincided with improvement in my technique and it may just be a confidence thing but I use them in summer now. I buy grade A off the internet for £22 for 24. Just got my 2013 batch ready for the season....when it decides to start :-(.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a Titleist fitting the other week for a fairway wood and was advised that the Prov1x would be the better ball for me due to the amount of spin I generate. Played with one a couple of rounds now and must admit the ball does not turn as much as it used to do.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with the pro that fitted you as at your (our) level excessive side spin with the driver will hurt much more than the good the little bit of spin generated around the green will offer. Yes it is lovely to see the ball back up but you are not going to see it back up from out of the cabbage because the side spin has been exaggerated off the driver. I'm sure you will score just as well with a middle range ball such as the 333, Dx3 or Velocity.

DCB

Visit site
The important thing is that once you've chosen a ball, stick with it so that you get to know it's playing characteristics. That will make a difference over time.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The important thing is that once you've chosen a ball, stick with it so that you get to know it's playing characteristics. That will make a difference over time.

Agreed and that's my aim. When the ground is firmer I'll hit some with my driver to compare and likewise some wedges. Then I have to decide (yikes!!) and stick with them (double yikes!!).