Which ball - I'm confused??

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw him give the guy before me the Velocity...

Maybe the AD333 is the one to stick with - I do have a fair few of them although also have Mizuno and Callaway Hex...yikes!

Interesting about the previous marketing of the Pro V1X as the last thing I want is less distance with my driver. When I was fitted for my G15 my swingspeed was a measly 80mph but today it was even less at 76mph - must be my age (or the cold)!

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw him give the guy before me the Velocity...

Maybe the AD333 is the one to stick with - I do have a fair few of them although also have Mizuno and Callaway Hex...yikes!

Interesting about the previous marketing of the Pro V1X as the last thing I want is less distance with my driver. When I was fitted for my G15 my swingspeed was a measly 80mph but today it was even less at 76mph - must be my age (or the cold)!

aye so anyway back to the driver..........:p

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
aye so anyway back to the driver..........:p

Well the best performer was a 9.5 degree head adjusted to 11 degrees and I wanted him to explain what/why in more detail but we were out of time. I'd already had to push for more information on swing path/face angles etc. I know from experience that most female golfers are disinterested in the technicalities and ball flight laws etc but for me knowledge is power (usually)! I can't remember the shaft name but it was a dark grey with images that reminded me of that energy drink...does that help??!! Senior flex.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
did he have someone waiting or was it a case of being on the clock?

Someone waiting although not helped that the guy before checked his time was up and then proceeded to ask about his irons and hit a few more hybrids! The pro will get the specs and I hope the stats so we can discuss it. It was flipping freezing and they were all jumping around to try and keep warm.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about a Pinnacle Lady :whistle:

I started out with them and they're ok!! To be honest I don't mind the Pinnacle Precision either but they get slated on here. I'm not sure I'm good enough to notice the difference unless they're a rock BUT perhaps coming up short or too much fade at times has been ball choice and I've not been aware...

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be honest I don't mind the Pinnacle Precision either but they get slated on here.....

shouldn't be, they are a rebadged Titelist NXT and similar to the AD333 and I'm therefore not surprised you get on with them.

problem is some people think a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle, rather than considering what any particular Pinnace actually is :)

just play what you enjoy/get on with/ like the feel off etc ie learn from your own personal experiences :thup:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
shouldn't be, they are a rebadged Titelist NXT and similar to the AD333 and I'm therefore not surprised you get on with them.

problem is some people think a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle, rather than considering what any particular Pinnace actually is :)

just play what you enjoy/get on with/ like the feel off etc ie learn from your own personal experiences :thup:

They're cheap too! Only downside I have found with them is they do mark up quite quickly and certainly more so than the AD333.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
get some wilson dx2 or even better dx3 . dx3 is hard enough to cut into the wind and hold and also soft to touch when putting

Loved the DX3, and AD333 for that matter when I took up the game.

As good as the DX3 is, it's no Pro V1. Cracking ball don't get me wrong, but, IMHO, not in the same league as the Titleist.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loved the DX3, and AD333 for that matter when I took up the game.

As good as the DX3 is, it's no Pro V1. Cracking ball don't get me wrong, but, IMHO, not in the same league as the Titleist.

defo a different ball but im not paying prov money when dx3 will do me. infact i give away my prov that i find

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amanda.....The Wilson Balls are great...Either or......I usually use the DX2's in the Winter and the 3's in the summer....As the numbers imply....The DX2 is 2Piece and the 3 is 3 Piece.......

They dont scuff too easy and there pretty long of the tee too and straight......Their party piece though is the feel off the Irons and the putter....I would nearly have them in the same class as some of the Tour Balls off the putter......

I dont really buy into all the hype of the tour balls....Ok they spin more but im not sure that my short game is that fine tuned that i can catch the ball so clean as to have it check up on the second or third bounce......Im rarely aggressive with my chipping....More often than not i allow for a little run out and if you are used to the way the ball reacts for than then i think ball choice is a mute point.......

Also your comment about being tight!.....I wouldnt say that your tight....Id say your realistic in that you see the value in money and dont buy into all the tour ball crap.:thup: