Where is it going to come from.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Many overlook the issues that creates with insuring an electric car under those conditions. Your car insurance doesn’t cover the leased battery, likewise the leasing company don’t insure the battery for you. It can be an interesting situation if your car is written off.

Bib. Yes, they do. There was a bit of a faff about it when they first came out. But you just insure the vehicle for the total cost inc. battery. That's the way mine works.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do they? The Car I am looking at uses regenerative braking in the main.
A city with all electric would be a much better place than petrol/diesel .
Going on my wife’s Hybrid Yaris, I would say that it appears the case, as her wheels definitely have more brake dust more quickly than previous cars she has had.
A city without congestion is better all round, but sadly the Timmy’s of this world have to be taken to school before the obligatory visit to Starbucks and the nail bar.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bib. Yes, they do. There was a bit of a faff about it when they first came out. But you just insure the vehicle for the total cost inc. battery. That's the way mine works.
Not all insurance does. My wife deals with the after effects, and there are plenty that get caught out.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Not all insurance does. My wife deals with the after effects, and there are plenty that get caught out.

Agreed, some don't. But to imply that none are covered is wrong. Mind you there are some weird anomalies. My Electric Renault van was refused insurance by Renault's own insurance company because they don't cover electric vehicles. Go figure! o_O

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
For anyone who reads German, there is a long article in the German Bild (a bit like the Sun) about hydrogen cars, and why they might not be the future
https://m.bild.de/auto/mobilitaet-r...utos-so-wenig-erfolg-62723548.bildMobile.html

I didn’t realise they are making hydrogen by splitting hydrocarbons rather than splitting water.
But it’s still early doors and who knows how they do everything in the future anyway.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love electric cars, desperate to have one. Add a battery for the house and solar panels and we could get off the grid for a large part.

Also really like the idea of hydrogen cars, as electric cars replace fossil fuel I hope H car come in quick to prevent or reduce the downsides to electric cars (of which there are plenty).