Where do you play

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

wjemather

Visit site
I believe that legend is repeated by quite a number of Mackenzie courses 😄 . One of them is correct of course, or maybe a few are as he built and refined courses along the way 🤷‍♀️
At least in this case, Mackenzie did design the course; there are so many that claim "Mackenzie designed" when all he did was give some advice (often about bunkering) without ever even visiting the course!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have googled to no avail. What the hell does HNSP stand for. I'm assuming it's not Hogan Not Standing Properly! 🤣

I'm not buying it that someone with your forum 'life experience' missed the epic HNSP masterclass of a thread

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm not buying it that someone with your forum 'life experience' missed the epic HNSP masterclass of a thread
I honestly missed it and I have no idea. I found it when googling, but saw it was 136 pages and didn't find what I wanted on page 1!!! Thought it was okay to ask for the acronym definition... and only the definition! 😉

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
what a cracking looking hole from a course i have never heard of (y)(y):)
Its not called Death or Glory for nothing. Green is roughly skull shaped, 25 yards from "ear to ear", 17 yards from "chin to forehead", with, as you see, bunkers in the "cheeks". If you go long there is a severe slope that your ball can run away down on to the next tee...leaving you with a 60 yard shot to get back up the hill and over the big tree you see behind the flag. Its the highest point on the course and I've used anything from 7 iron to SW depending on the wind. There is not a flat putt on the green, 3 is always a good score. Its not the best par 3 on the course though...that honour would have to go to our 4th hole.

sjw

Visit site
The Cambridgeshire GC, Bar Hill

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doesn’t seem to be many northerners so far on this forum .

I'm just down the road from you.....

Macclesfield GC - Joined a couple of years ago when I moved to the area.

Lymm GC - Member for 15/20 years and switched to points membership when i moved. When they're gone i probably wont renew.

Red devil

Visit site
My favourite place in the whole world (and in my opinion, by some distance the most underrated course I’ve played out of any Top 100 venue)

(A few pics shamelessly stolen from fellow Hindhead member & forum member Joss, as he takes far better pictures than I do!)

IMG-2842.jpg

IMG-2840.jpg

IMG-2841.jpg

Did you know a chap called Chris from Sunderland? He left about 7 years ago
Love to play that course one day.

Skytot

Visit site
I'm just down the road from you.....

Macclesfield GC - Joined a couple of years ago when I moved to the area.

Lymm GC - Member for 15/20 years and switched to points membership when i moved. When they're gone i probably wont renew.
Played it once , and luckily for me it was a nice day ! Some beautiful views up there . How many counties an you see from the course