Where can you spend comp winnings?

Where do you spend winnings

• Total voters

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Club Comp - Pro-shop account

Open Comp - SG Voucher (and if it's not don't play there!!)

I won some SG vouchers last year...got presented with them on the Friday evening....flight back home was 10am Saturday morning.....gave them to my mate who I was staying with to spend.

Am driving up this year so have a more leisurely day on the day I return home, so can have a browse of the pro-shop before leaving, assuming I am fortunate enough to win anything.

Springveldt

Visit site
Ours is onto our club card which can be used in the bar, in the shop, at the halfway hut, pay into comps etc.

For invitation day, the year I won something it was a pair of Footjoy shoes or the equivalent amount in shop vouchers to pick something else.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I won some SG vouchers last year...got presented with them on the Friday evening....flight back home was 10am Saturday morning.....gave them to my mate who I was staying with to spend.

We played an Open in Scotland earlier in the year and one of us was lucky enough to win a prize, when we enquired we were told the results and told all prize vouchers had been posted out to home clubs, anyway my point is that our club (in England) exchanged the SG voucher for on of their own, I presume they claimed it back through SG.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Our winnings are put straight onto our club card. This can be used in the bar, pro shop or towards next years subs.
Same for us.
Although I'd have to win every damn thing at the club to pay my £1500 membership fee! ?

mister v

Visit site
winnings to be spent in the pro shop, for our club its the right thing to do as the pro shop take the money for the comps and hand out the cards etc. were lucky that our pro shop although not huge has lots of upto date kit and are all a top bunch of lads

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

Am driving up this year so have a more leisurely day on the day I return home, so can have a browse of the pro-shop before leaving, assuming I am fortunate enough to win anything.
Clubs in England, and the golf chain stores would accept them in England too

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
We played an Open in Scotland earlier in the year and one of us was lucky enough to win a prize, when we enquired we were told the results and told all prize vouchers had been posted out to home clubs, anyway my point is that our club (in England) exchanged the SG voucher for on of their own, I presume they claimed it back through SG.
No, SG only print the vouchers, the invoice for the voucher goes direct back to the issuing club

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Clubs in England, and the golf chain stores would accept them in England too

i'll see what happens this year....depending on how much i might win I might take that chance and see if an English club/shop accept them....I can help thinking they might be viewed like Scottish bank notes mind :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is pro shop or club account which is bar

Only issue is once you pick that's it, you can't go oh I'll take pro shop then not see anything you like and spend in bar

Pro shop is overpriced and understocked so always add to account and use it for bar, least you can order to a food pick up point for after 9 holes

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
i'll see what happens this year....depending on how much i might win I might take that chance and see if an English club/shop accept them....I can help thinking they might be viewed like Scottish bank notes mind :ROFLMAO:
I used to live in England, they were accepted in the north west. But it's a valid point you make

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If it's on my bar account they can automatically take competition entries from it, on my pro shop account they can't , so I always opt for the bar account if I can