When it goes sooooo bad 🙈

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Super excited to play today as I only get one round a week. Got to the course and it was winter greens. Course was absolutely fine this afternoon, so perhaps it was a bit frozen this morning.

Anyway, that was only the beginning of the disappointment. First drive was sky high, went about 130 yards. Second was huge slice into the woods. First iron shot was a fat pull. It didn’t get any better. Could not hit a decent drive or iron at all today. Nothing felt right.

I’ve been getting a lot better in recent weeks and whilst I’m still inconsistent like a high handicapper, it’s not been like this since I took golf up!

I’ve had less opportunity to practice because of the dark nights but I can normally get my act together once I’ve figured out the issue. But not this time.

Chipping and putting were okay so it wasn’t a total loss. Question is, what do you guys do when you game falls apart in a big way and you can’t figure out what to do?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Personally I go home and blub like a 3 year old, not much help but then I'm not a golf coach 😁

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Personally I go home and blub like a 3 year old, not much help but then I'm not a golf coach 😁

Felt like doing that. Albeit throwing my clubs in the river first! 😭

Gota be some kinda trick to reset the body and mind 💣

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
25 points today so a pretty poor day but I simply try and find a positive to take away for next time. Today that was the final drive on the 18th which captured everything I'm trying to change in my swing and was exactly how I wanted to execute. In the old days I'd have got frustrated and down on myself for a poor round but these days I'm more laid back. I'm still working hard to get better but if it doesn't come together just go out the next time and try again