When did you last buy a new driver and why?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got a G410 in June 2019. Still really happy with it and it is still as good as other brands. I wanted forgiveness and Ping are arguably the most forgiving, certainly one of the most forgiving brands.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Bought a Sim during the first lockdown as the G Series hosle cracked.

Currently awaiting a call to get a fitting for a new one when all the new heads are available.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ping G425. Before the lockdown.
It wasn’t any longer than my old ping G400.
But it was much straighter .
I have a negative angle of attack and this hit it better than anything else.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I don't change clubs that often. My current driver is a Callaway XR16 which I bought new when the pro was offering 25% off in his sale, so I'd guess I got it about 5 years ago.
It still flies straight for me and no plans to change.
I have a Benross Hotspeed 2 in my winter bag which I bought "used" (brand new shop soiled with no marks) for £30 at the Scottish Golf Show. That's still a good driver.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I picked up my G410 in 2019, had a TM M1 before and really struggled with it during a particularly bad patch, lost confidence in it and brought something more forgiving. I’d already picked up the G410 irons but tried all the top drivers that were around at the time across all the brands but the G410 worked best for me at the time.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m terrible literally every season I replace half my bag if not have a complete re shuffle.

I’m a bit of a magpie.

New driver I bought prior to the start of last season. I had a Maverik Sub Zero and was a big fan so I replaced it with a Maverik SZ Triple Diamond that came up from a Professional that is sponsored by Callaway.

I was tempted by the new TM Stealth driver, managed to have a private fitting with one over the weekend and couldn’t improve my numbers.

Launch conditions are just exactly where I need to be with the SZ bottomed out in loft and providing the lowest spin numbers I can get.

Going to try a season where I don’t replace anything other than wedges.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A lot of retro club buying going on it seems. This is the carbon era, and buying titanium as your gamer for the season is like buying something with a hickory shafts. Or investing in typewriters or diesel engines. We heard of bifurcation on balls - I think most clubs are going to end up with two divisions for a while, starting this year, Stealth gamers and the vintage division. Driver bifurcation. Until everyone transitions.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many years ago ? was waiting to try a new Titleist as id been given vouchers , guy gave me a TM RBZ stage 2 to try . Loved it , still have it ,

Love the look of the new stealth , its got me interested 600 notes tho and being TM there will be a newer longer one out by September ,
Last fitting was a Sim 2 , gained 15 yards , couldnt justufy the outlay for that , no doubt it will be same with Stealth..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With loads of new models seemingly everywhere want to do something on when you last changed your chief (as Wayne Riley would say)?

What turns your head? Are you brand loyal? Where do you get them from? How often do you change? Buy new or old?

Had my G400 for four years and can't see it going for a while, was fitted last year for something else but still with it.

I was sitting at work during lockdown 3.0.. the radspeed had just been launched (I had been using a cobra f7) so speedzone had dropped in price .. fancied it for a while. So ordered it..came out of lockdown first hit with it straight down middle and long.. never looked back so consistent with it. Just suits me

D

Deleted member 21445

New Driver 1 week ago
Because my old faithful Taylomade SLDR cracked.

Ended up being a blessing in disguise.

NedPizza

Visit site
Recently bought Callaway XHOT driver to replace my big bertha from 1997 :)
Bought the xhot as also bought irons and wood of the same

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bought my driver, fairway woods and hybrid together around six years back. They're all TM RBZ stage two. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.