Whats your temperament like?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tend to look on myself as a "Freddie Couples" kind of golfer.
I spend a long time looking around, appreciating the scenery and also spend a great deal of my time whistling as I jauntily meander from one fairway to the next.
Nothing fazes me. Ever.

You what! Eh!

What have you done with the Smiffy I know and love, you fiend??

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I try and laugh off the first couple of mistakes/ bad shots, but when I get to three or four in short succession I start to beat myself up and sometimes struggle to get out of it. I've been known to chuck the odd club in frustration but I refer to it more of a "drop" than a chuck........ :mad:

I know that if I can control it or let it go my game improves, but sometimes the frustration gets the better of me. Saturday was a prime example, Captains day, I missed two putts inside 2ft on the first two holes costing me a blob and a 3 pointer, started ragging on myself and only managed 14 points on the front 9 with some serious seething going on...... It disappeared around 9 and I turned in 20 points on the back 9. Just need to learn to let it go quicker, I'm much better, but still not good if it all goes wrong in the space of a couple of holes.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can be either way, but it doesn't seem to be the golf that causes it.

Some days every tiny little thing will wind me up even if I'm playing quite well.
Other days I can be hacking it round with the worst of them and I'm as calm as you like.

Weirdo!

This could be me too!

My putter is currently in the pro shop having some gouges polished out from when I last chucked it. I guess chucking it where it could land on a path was a bad idea.

That said, I'm going to take the opportunity to re shaft it with a longer better quality shaft, and put a counter balanced grip on it. No idea why, but it's in my head now, so it's going to happen.