Shooting Your Age

D-S

Visit site
I noticed recently that we have a local golfer who has 19 of his 20 adjusted gross scores below his age. In fact he was still in single figures, comfortably, when he was 92.

This strikes me as amazing or do we now have a lot of 80-90 year olds of this standard?

By the way he plays at a tough track and quite a few of his scores are off the whites which is over 6500 long..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I noticed recently that we have a local golfer who has 19 of his 20 adjusted gross scores below his age. In fact he was still in single figures, comfortably, when he was 92.

This strikes me as amazing or do we now have a lot of 80-90 year olds of this standard?

By the way he plays at a tough track and quite a few of his scores are off the whites which is over 6500 long..
I’ve know a bloke who’d do this but sadly I think he’ll give up playing when he can no longer walk the course. He can still belt his driver 225 arrow straight so on the right course ……

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There a guy in our role up, who is the oldest in the group, 75. He shot under his age gross twice this year. He's not as low handicap wise as he was, but still off 6. Always complaining about some ailment or other. Definitely beware the injured golfer in Dougs case.
I guess I'll have to wait a good 15 years before I can even contemplate doing it?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dad is 78 and has shot under his age on many occasions,again just a couple weeks ago.
He did it last year twice in 3 rounds.
Haven’t played with anyone this year at my new club who has done it recently.