Whats your temperament like?

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I tend to have a little swear to myself after a stupid shot that should never have happened. (A duffed iron shot etc)

I haven't yet let loose with rage but a few I have played with have launched clubs, bent them round a tree etc.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm too lazy to be a club chucker. You have to walk over and get it. Sod that.

Curse, club replaced with some force. Move on.

Bottling it all up isn't healthy either folks.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I tend to look on myself as a "Freddie Couples" kind of golfer.
I spend a long time looking around, appreciating the scenery and also spend a great deal of my time whistling as I jauntily meander from one fairway to the next.
Nothing fazes me. Ever.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm so laid back I'm almost horizontal although I will say the chap I play with on a regular basis is a completely different kettle of fish as his 5 iron bares testament, the shaft is bent like a banana !...:rolleyes:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I made a conscious effort to improve my temperament after I smashed my umbrella against a tree after 3-putting from 15ft during a bounce game - I was a bit embarrassed afterwards and decided to save my anger for the office.

I now limit myself to the odd swear word at myself after a bad shot, but then try and concentrate on how I am going to play the next shot, rather than spend the walk getting would up & losing my head.

I've gone from 14-10 since I've made the effort to curb the anger, and a couple of mates have asked if I can switch back as they said my meltdowns gave them a better chance!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tend to look on myself as a "Freddie Couples" kind of golfer.
I spend a long time looking around, appreciating the scenery and also spend a great deal of my time whistling as I jauntily meander from one fairway to the next.
Nothing fazes me. Ever.

What about the rain at Woodhall spa you were crying like a baby:whistle:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm so calm my playing partners forget I'm out there with them, I'm so reserved, laid back, quiet and unfazed by anything that happens I never feel the need to swear or get angry, I'm just friggin brilliant me ;)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I hate playing badly and I play badly all the time. I hate golf and everyone associated with it. I'll break my clubs and then break yours. I'll swear at anyone within earshot and dig up the greens with a wedge. After the round, I'm calm as though. Swings and roundabouts and all that.......

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to admit I was a club chucker. Then I got taken to one side by a friend who pointed out what a tool I was being. Also that as a single figure golfer and a committee man that if I did it then others would feel it was ok. Sometimes it takes being pulled up short to realise when you are being an idiot.

Best comment from someone witnessing a petulant chuck , after I had hurled a club into long Grass was "you might want to throw a provisional Im not sure you will find that!"

I am such a happier golfer and person now for getting over myself!!

Pure class :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think, if I've hit a poor shot, the best thing is to get the frustration out asap.
Then I can clear my mind and get on with the next one.
I'm more of a club dropper than a thrower and often take a club to a patch of rough - then I give myself a talking to and move on, hopefully having disposed of the tension.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to be calmer. I still have a good swear at myself but that's just a release valve and I don't take it to the next shot. At least I try not to but I still have lapses back to my old ways. I am most definately getting better though.

Vmixture

Medal Winner
Visit site
The longer I've played the less it affects me. A bad hole is part of the game, I learned to accept it now and it has benefited my game. Still proper funny to see someone lose it though, glad it isn't me anymore!

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
If I'm having a really bad round I will get a compact out my bag look into it and give it the fonzy stare and realise how lucky I am and carry on.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like to think I'm pretty laid back, hoicking opening tee shot OB at Hillside does test you :D

However on Friday after duffing one into the water on 18 to blow a level par round on last day of hols went to slam 4 iron into bag where upon it bounced back and clattered into my glasses and drew blood , no sympathy from HiD once she'd picked herself up from rolling around on the fairway in stitches :D

cleanstrike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not what you would call a serious golfer. I go for walks around my local course for the exercise and take my clubs along so my hands have something to do whilst I'm walking. I tend to try and analyse my cock ups rather than throw a paddy. The one thing that does really cheese me off is that although I can hit my driver in a fairly straight line and keep it on the fairway off holes 1-8, as soon as I get to hole 9, the ball frequently does a severe fade off into the woods never to be seen again. So the only angry thought I ever have on the golf course is ... Why does hole 9 hate me?