Whats your next gig?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
There might be a reason for that, if theyre 'production hold' tickets then theyre seats that are set aside for band members guests, crews family etc. The only get given out for sale a few days before the gig as they don't know until then how many are going to be used. I got some for Iron Maiden the first time they played the O2, brilliant seats actually, front row of the top level next to the stage, so we could see backstage as well as front. Quite funny watching Bruce go through his warm up routine!:D

Most interesting O2 ones we had were for another Bon Jovi gig at the O2, we had seats on the wrap round behind the band, so had the band's eye view of the entire gig. Wouldn't want it every time but as a one off and as opposed to being at the other end up in the Gods it was great, and got even better when they started playing Dry County :D

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Which tribute band out of interest: seen the Illegal Eagles, very good, and the local promoter has Alter Eagles coming up soon I think, either of those?[/QUOTE]

Seen the illegal Eagles but Talon are much better to be honest, loads of dates on their website

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I generally only find out in the week as I get them through work but am going to see Deap Vally on Thursday which should be good. Although not sure the missus will like this one.

Most are work-related but going to see Los Campesinos! in December of my accord which I'm pretty pumped about.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am toying with the idea of heading to Prague in March to see Frank Turner.

Flight and 2 nights accommodation can be done for £120 a man.

I aint seen him but a pal has and he swears by him so really fancy it plus the ale is cheap and good!:cheers:

Anyone seen him before??

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Seen the illegal Eagles but Talon are much better to be honest, loads of dates on their website

We'll see; 10th July, Epsom Playhouse, front row and 4 of us are going and over 50 quid less than the cost of one ticket for the genuine article.

Probably try the Alter Eagles on the 6th of November as well, that one is only 12 quid per head.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Which tribute band out of interest: seen the Illegal Eagles, very good, and the local promoter has Alter Eagles coming up soon I think, either of those?

Seen the illegal Eagles but Talon are much better to be honest, loads of dates on their website[/QUOTE]

We'll see; 10th July, Epsom Playhouse, front row and 4 of us are going and over 50 quid less than the cost of one ticket for the genuine article.

Probably try the Alter Eagles on the 6th of November as well, that one is only 12 quid per head.

Well, that was interesting; a very good band set-up and capable of playing extremely well, musically better than the Illegal Eagles. Sadly the overall effect was spoilt by the incessant waffle between songs, dedications to people in the audience and the cheesy comedy. So although they can sound better than the Illegal Eagles, I'll still take the Illegal Eagles over Talon for the slicker production which for mine means the overall effect is closer to the genuine article.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Well, that was interesting; a very good band set-up and capable of playing extremely well, musically better than the Illegal Eagles. Sadly the overall effect was spoilt by the incessant waffle between songs, dedications to people in the audience and the cheesy comedy. So although they can sound better than the Illegal Eagles, I'll still take the Illegal Eagles over Talon for the slicker production which for mine means the overall effect is closer to the genuine article.[/QUOTE]

Seen THE Eagles 2 weeks ago - amazing (again).

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I've seen the real ones before, but I wasn't prepared to spend the thick end of £400 for a pair of tickets, time you factor in the meal & the fares. I'll pay it for some bands but after the last performance it wasn't worth that to me.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably not my next gig, but defiantly the last time to see Sixx, Neil, Lee, and Mars.

Motley Crue

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've seen the real ones before, but I wasn't prepared to spend the thick end of £400 for a pair of tickets, time you factor in the meal & the fares. I'll pay it for some bands but after the last performance it wasn't worth that to me.

Id already bought tickets for Manchester, then 2 days later announced Liverpool. Sold the Manchester tickets, no petrol, just beers.

Well worth it, it was a history of the band as well, without being too indulgent, well worth £200 though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seeing Status Quo at Sandown Parkk on Wednesday. Evening racing and then the Quo. Great way to spend a night. Going with a beer monster and so even though I rarely drink no doubt at some point I'll be led astray even though Mrs H is in attendance. Saw Madness last year and was glad I took the day after off. Similar precautions this time. Should be a cracking night

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought tickets recently for the Australian Pink Floyd early next year but seeing West Side Story touring next week