Whats your next gig?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to complete the line up then, who are you going to see next?
Either Bullet For My Valentine (with no.1 son) at wembley arena or Black Sabbath at the O2, both in a few days of each other but can't remember which ones first:mmm:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hoping to get up to London for the Belleruche farewell gig on Wednesday, not 100% sure that I can get away from work though. Anyone else on here ever heard of them? I love their stuff, a guitar, a DJ and a great voice, sometimes a bit like a jazzier Portishead.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thinking of going to see The Wonderstuff, Pop Will Eat Itself and Jesus Jones on the Sleigh The UK tour in December. Envious of The Prodigy gig, they were awesome at Download

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well I know what it won't be; The Eagles at the O2, June 16th 2014. Ticketmaster are offering them at a mere £137 per ticket. And not, that's not some hot ticket, that's the bog standard price, the "hot ticket package" is £236! Sorry boys, you're good but you're not that good.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next month I'm going to see The SAS Band for their annual Christmas bash at Guildford's G Live.
Last year they had Jack Bruce & Midge Ure amongst other top guests.
Can't come soon enough!

Slime.

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
None of you will probably have heard of him but I'm seeing Alesso, a very good house artist, at the O2 Academy in Brixton in December and I'm really looking forward to it!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I know what it won't be; The Eagles at the O2, June 16th 2014. Ticketmaster are offering them at a mere £137 per ticket. And not, that's not some hot ticket, that's the bog standard price, the "hot ticket package" is £236! Sorry boys, you're good but you're not that good.

Its a bloody disgrace quite frankly, I wanted to see the Stones, but for what they were charging I would want to be up there playing with them! I know someone who saw the Eagles last time they played, he said it was ok but not really much of a show as you could see they all hated each other and none of them looked like they really wanted to be there...

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Their last tour got cancelled due to lack of sales (they were charging over £100 then) so these dates may go the same way. The reality is they don't want to tour anymore but are contracted to do so I suspect so they charge a fortune & are not fussed when it all goes belly up. I'm a massive Eagles fan but they know what they can do at these prices....go & see one of the tribute bands for £15

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Its a bloody disgrace quite frankly, I wanted to see the Stones, but for what they were charging I would want to be up there playing with them! I know someone who saw the Eagles last time they played, he said it was ok but not really much of a show as you could see they all hated each other and none of them looked like they really wanted to be there...

Couldn't agree more mate. I justified £220 for the two of us for Bon Jovi a few years ago as it was the opening night of the O2, only European date that year, etc so as a one off I swallowed it, but I don't see that here, she's not even a huge fan. Saw them at Twickenham a few years ago, dreadful venue with dreadful sound. I would have swallowed £80 - 90 for a decent O2 seat (downstairs & in the front half) and decent sound, but there is only one price band here.

Their last tour got cancelled due to lack of sales (they were charging over £100 then) so these dates may go the same way. The reality is they don't want to tour anymore but are contracted to do so I suspect so they charge a fortune & are not fussed when it all goes belly up. I'm a massive Eagles fan but they know what they can do at these prices....go & see one of the tribute bands for £15

Another part of the issue for me is the selling of the tickets; you go on early, there's supposedly nothing left so you take the dregs they offer, only to get an e-mail 2 days before saying "Great news, more seats just released...." and going on to detail just how close to the action you may be. That has now personally happened to me 3 times, the Bon Jovi gig above (seats practically on top of the stage bought the day before for a sell out concert!?) & The Who and Rod Stewart gigs this year. Makes you even more sceptical about paying that sort of dosh.

Which tribute band out of interest: seen the Illegal Eagles, very good, and the local promoter has Alter Eagles coming up soon I think, either of those?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another part of the issue for me is the selling of the tickets; you go on early, there's supposedly nothing left so you take the dregs they offer, only to get an e-mail 2 days before saying "Great news, more seats just released...." and going on to detail just how close to the action you may be. That has now personally happened to me 3 times, the Bon Jovi gig above (seats practically on top of the stage bought the day before for a sell out concert!?) & The Who and Rod Stewart gigs this year. Makes you even more sceptical about paying that sort of dosh.

There might be a reason for that, if theyre 'production hold' tickets then theyre seats that are set aside for band members guests, crews family etc. The only get given out for sale a few days before the gig as they don't know until then how many are going to be used. I got some for Iron Maiden the first time they played the O2, brilliant seats actually, front row of the top level next to the stage, so we could see backstage as well as front. Quite funny watching Bruce go through his warm up routine!:D