whats your day job?

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm a journalist by trade. Started in newspapers as reporter, sub editor, sports editor, deputy editor, then did a few years in magazines as editor of a landscape architecture magazine.

Now work for a charity, writing and editing.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Connor,
Thanks for the job you do, the thing to remember is without clean water life for all of us would be a lot more difficult, being able to just flush the loo is taken for granted!!!
Enjoy your golf, it makes up for all the less enjoyable things one has to do in life, and by the way you live in a loverly part of the country, I have often visited but not played a lot of golf down there.

Haha wish everyone else was so polite when I'm digging the road up or outside there house until the small hours all so they get there cuppa in the Mornin

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Haha wish everyone else was so polite when I'm digging the road up or outside there house until the small hours all so they get there cuppa in the Mornin

Buddy, if you were outside my house you'd get offered a cuppa. Treat people right and they'll do a good job for you. Treat 'em like ..... and you'll get ..... back.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I work for a company that makes subframes, chassis and all the bits you don't get to see under a car for the likes of Jaguar,Ford,Volvo,Nissan,VW and Landrover.

I work on the paint line which just involved lugging heavy parts onto the paint line all day. Not the most exciteing of jobs but it keeps me fit as there is a lot of lifting ad waking back and forth all day.

Money is not too bad and since I've been there the place is completey flat out with work, even more work planned for the next 5 years or so and the company's is making record profits so at least it's a nice bit of job security which is rare these days.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roof slater/tiler also installer or upvc rainwater systems for the last 14 years but also can wall bricks and anything building related

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lay asphalt Driveways all over the uk, sell breed and break in horses. Deal in scrap (thats wanted) and batteries & floor paints. Fit upvc guttering & fascia's.
In other words full time rogue.;)

On a serious note, I run our Family Coach & Bus Operation.
In October 2011 Voted the Best Small Bus Company in the UK. One of the proudest nights of my life, we always believed but to be recognised nationally as the best is pretty special.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
branch manager for a construction supplies company. Hard job to be in at the moment given the economy is slowly slipping down the pan. Seen a lot of construction companies liquidated in the last few years, and been in at the thick end of the credit crunch.

we're a strong business though and have ridden the storm well. Good job given i'm only 31. Worked my way up over the last few years. We sell a massive range of things, and i get to play with power tools all day

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recruitment Administrator for an NHS Foundation Trust, mainly responsible for cardiology, renal, elderly care and Berkshire Cancer Centre staff. Been her enearly five years so it can't be all bad. Flexi time means half or full days once a month for golf. Get to look after lots of lovely young nurses as they go through the recruitment process so it has its good day even if it is getting to the point where I'm old enough to be their dad (bad times)

Good stuff, I'm a recruitment advisor for our local unitary authority. Started as an apprentice and have just finished a second end at north west employers as a system administrator for a failed regional portal. Twas a shame it didn't take off, but my authority is part of a larger portal. Www.yourcounciljobs.co.uk

Jackooo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm an unemployed lay about who sponges off the system. I occassionally shoplift if I require something or break into a motor. I dont really worry about getting caught as I knwo the judicial system in this country is laughable and I'll never get a custodial sentence.

If I'm really desperate for cash I'll do the odd days work, cash in hand so the brew know nothing about it.

When I'm not golfing I'm sitting in my house watching my 52" plasma TV or surfing the net all day thinking how great Great Britain is, so thanks to all you tax payers, my life is brilliant. Anyone fancy a pint?

You work for theDaily Mail then?!

I work in the Film Industry as a Clapper/Loader in the camera department, being self employed and working mainly between March and November, I get a lot of time off in the winter... Like now!

Scazza

Head Pro
Visit site
Civil Servant. Department of Work & Pensions/Job Centre Plus. More specifically a Crisis Loan Decision Maker.

Will take applications for Living Expenses (Food/Gas/Electric) and make a decision on whether to award it or not. Majority of the time it won't be awarded, I feel that you really need to in a crisis and that the crisis loan is the only means by which serious risk to the individuals health & safety can be prevented.

The system is open to abuse & people certainly abuse it. If I was unemployed I'd walk the streets, visit supermarkets and ride the buses! Too many people claim to lose hundreds of £s worth of their benefit out their pocket/bag/coat whilst walking the street, doing their shopping or riding a bus.

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From school started in training scheme(mechanics)came to nothing,
then bed factory
then valeting for Ford garage
then local council
then another factory manufacturing heat insulations
all this in 13 yrs...
and for last nearly 14 yrs and still on-going firefighter:lol:......

Might have to save this post for future reference for when i need work doing or in need of advice:) good range of occupations mmmmmmmm

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I work for a shipping company. I manage 10 ships that trade from North Europe and the Med to West Africa. They load everything from cars and containers to trains, planes and other heavy cargo. It an interesting job which keeps me on my toes. They also bring back a lot of cocoa beans for the chocolate companies!

Last edited: