What would you score around Valderrama?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Robert Lee has just said during the final round that Matt Fitzpatrick is returning to Valderrama later this year with a bunch of his mates, and he has offered £100 to any of them that break 80.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Listening to Mark Roe we'd all shoot 100 and 4 putt every green. Mate of mine off 5 handicap shot a 78 but I don't think the greens were running at 13 and he wasn't off the back tees.

Roe might be right about the putting.....as Fitzpatrick was holing out yesterday he said it was probably 15 on the stimp around the hole. :eek:

Bobthesock

Visit site
Shot 89 off the yellow tees today which are 1000 yards shorter than the pros. The rough around the greens is so thick, if you are short sided it's pretty much impossible to get close.

BigMatt

Visit site
I was the number 4 Amatuer in the world in 1997. Was just medalist in the British Amatuer, we had Walker Cup practice at Valderamma. Golf Monthly had even just done a two page feature done on me in Golf Monthly…❤️
We played off the plates, greens fast… I had a hole in one at the 6rh… And shot 83!
Still the toughest course I’ve ever played when it’s presented for competition ??

Leftie5.6

Visit site
I was the number 4 Amatuer in the world in 1997. Was just medalist in the British Amatuer, we had Walker Cup practice at Valderamma. Golf Monthly had even just done a two page feature done on me in Golf Monthly…❤️
We played off the plates, greens fast… I had a hole in one at the 6rh… And shot 83!
Still the toughest course I’ve ever played when it’s presented for competition ??
Played Valderrama at least a dozen times. Played around Le Golf National Aigle (Ryder Cup course) half a dozen times. Very different challenges but of the 325+ courses I have played those 2 are the stand-out toughest. However, I would always fancy scoring more stableford points around LGN than V.