What would you do?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My Club has an Artisan Section and their tee times and matches are clearly displayed on Main Club diary. During those times, they have priority.
I'd be extremely embarrassed if any member spoke to another member like that in front of my guests.
You should take it further through official channels.
Main club should NOT support any member who behaves like that

This!!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think that’s right way to go. Put a formal letter... express disappointment that he was so rude before you had the opportunity to call him through and hope that this isolated incident wasn’t motivated by your membership category .

I’d suggest a quiet word with the secretary before going down the formal complaint route; that might create its own can of worms. Speak to them; they may encourage an official complaint if they feel it is the best way to deal with it or they have the offender in their sights, they may ask for a more softly softly approach and avoid the potential issues of a disciplinary committee.

None of the above is to suggest the member isn’t a complete and utter Bell end, just an alternative suggestion that may keep your section on the good side of everything.

Good luck.