What shot / club is your biggest weakness?

JayB

Visit site
Without doubt the driver, I'm out of the hole before I even start. I've pretty much given up playing now as a result.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine changes every few months. Traditionally it was that I couldn't strike irons very well, but right now I'm probably striking them as well as I ever have. This time last year I couldn't putt to save my life, but this year since I bought my Odyssey #7 I've putted the best I ever have.

My driving slice problem came back in a big way this year, so that's been killing me of late. But just prior to the last two rounds, something clicked and I'm learning to swing a bit more in-to-out, with great results. Will it continue? Who knows but fingers crossed.

So right now the biggest problem is probably inconsistent fairway woods. I can absolutely stripe one onto the green one minute, then on the very next hole fat-slice one 100 yards into the right hand rough. Simple logic suggests it's my hands getting in front of the ball too much, but not sure how to stop that happening.

I've never had one weakness above all others, my game is more like spinning plates. As soon as you get one going, another one falls off.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine changes every few months. Traditionally it was that I couldn't strike irons very well, but right now I'm probably striking them as well as I ever have. This time last year I couldn't putt to save my life, but this year since I bought my Odyssey #7 I've putted the best I ever have.

My driving slice problem came back in a big way this year, so that's been killing me of late. But just prior to the last two rounds, something clicked and I'm learning to swing a bit more in-to-out, with great results. Will it continue? Who knows but fingers crossed.

So right now the biggest problem is probably inconsistent fairway woods. I can absolutely stripe one onto the green one minute, then on the very next hole fat-slice one 100 yards into the right hand rough. Simple logic suggests it's my hands getting in front of the ball too much, but not sure how to stop that happening.

I've never had one weakness above all others, my game is more like spinning plates. As soon as you get one going, another one falls off.
You can pay me at H4H for the Eureka advice lol 🤣

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fairway woods and hybrids. I think it’s because I can’t quite convince my body to hit down on them and not up. The brain knows, the body ignores.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Fairway woods and hybrids. I think it’s because I can’t quite convince my body to hit down on them and not up. The brain knows, the body ignores.
I never hit down on my fairway woods and hybrids, I sweep them.
I've tried lessons with a few local pro's but either come away feeling more confused that ever or just pee'd off for completely wasting my time and money.
Is the problem with the contact or direction?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Where's my video? 😢
At least you got advice 🤔😁
I'm sure this is a good part of the issue for me with the 7. If I hit it like a PW I'd be better off but it's a fight not too add that extra oommpph on the downswing and it goes pear shaped.

It’s trying to force yourself to keep the same tempo through each iron - what you hit with your PW should be the same with a 7 iron - the reduce loft etc will make the ball go further naturally - we all do it , think we need to hit it harder as well go to the longer irons

Find the tempo you have for the PW and then think of something that will give you the same tempo

Remember watching a video with Olazabel and he said that saying

Severiano Ballesteros during your swing helps with tempo

sjw

Visit site
3 wood off the deck. It's either showstopping or, well, round stopping while I go and fish for my ball in the left rough

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
I have 4 wedges, 52,56 and 60, plus pitching wedge.

Having that many has damaged my game inside 100 yards. If I’m at 70 yards i don't know which club to hit or how hard to strike it.

I should really take the 52 and 60 out of the bag. I’m sure it would positively affect my game.
I just have the PW that came with the set plus a 52 & 58.
Easier to make a decision on what club to hit.

Golfnut1957

Visit site

This is me. Forever my strength has been iron play, currently it sucks while my limp-wristed putting has suddenly become Ben Crenshawesque. My wonderful chipping, gone! Only on holiday, hopefully.

My biggest issue has for years been an over the top pull, and I have worked incredibly hard at eliminating it to the point that it has mainly gone. But! It's still lurking there and all it takes is a moment's lapse in concentration and bam, see you later ball.

I hate that pull.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’m going through a bad spell at the moment, biggest problem is off the tee with the driver and out of bunkers. I’m usually really good out of bunkers but for some reason just now I’m horrendous.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Long irons

3-5 irons , plenty of times seem to have the face too open at impact pushing the ball , most of it’s down to going at the ball too hard
Really struggle with 5i - my longest iron. I don’t trust that the loft will naturally hit the ball further instead I can’t stop trying to hit the ball harder to make it go further. Frustrating.