making lessons stick

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So a week on from this post and I have had an eureka moment.

Well actually 2 moments

I played on friday with a few mates.. one is a massive hitter but has this beautiful slow back swing for more control.. I guess watching him ingrained into me and I slowed my swing right now.. hit some great shots.. and even an iron

that was moment 1

today was moment 2

dropped Mrs and Baby off at group and then I went down the range same as last week.. got there and thought hmm I wonder what their "Mini links" is like next to the range... its a 9 hole course with holes ranging from 66 - 124 yards.. par 27

£7.50 so only £2.50 more than the range costs me

decided to give it a whirl

started average but got a bogey.. this continued all the way round.. apart from 2 holes.. one double (put it down to being let through and I shanked my 8 iron, previous to this I hit my 7 iron and 9 Iron dead straight just over the back of each green) so took my double and moved on.. last hole par to make 36 and level bogey for the course

I think I may have found the perfect practice for me.. will see how it holds up in the winter as its really just a tee box and a green that you need.. no fairway really to worry about..

membership is £195 and could suit me perfectly

short game is what you need to drop your handicap (since I worked on my short game ive won 2 events) but its long enough for me personally to use a 7-9 iron on 3 of the holes which is brilliant as Irons im struggling with

so might be worth it

ill play over the winter and if its good I know where ill be joining for a quick 9 after work

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
for lessons so any new change/s whatever this might be to 'stick' the new stuff has to be worked on between lessons in a constructive ways

- & what's real crucial is exactly how that's being done & then even more crucial how that practice is being 'monitored' - can't rely on either just the 'feel' of doing the motion & just visual ball flight of hitting shot after shot to a vague target as this just lead to a misconception of improvement when actually there's no real improvement there