What new courses have you got planned for 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I do fancy it but after Turnberry in March the thought of another freezing meet really puts me off.
I think we may do a Algarve or Turkey meet one day
Turkey would be good.(y)

Not sure I have any new courses planned this year.:( Do have games booked for Woking, Broadstone X2, Hartley Wintney, Burhill, Tandridge x2, Calcot Park, Coombe Hill, Hankley, The Berkshire and Liphook, so not all bad.(y)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Going to drive up to Machrihanish with a mate. Will either be a drive up, play twilight and drive back.
Or maybe take a full day at it and try for 36.

Will be at St. Andrews late Feb and plan to go for a hit on the New Course. Not played this or the Old, but don’t want my 1st time playing the Old to be off mats.

Definitely want to go for an early start one morning and get through to the Old Course for 3am and get away as a single. Would be cool watching the sun rise over the sea with like minded folks.

D

Deleted member 17920

I’ve got Portugal 6 weeks later to make up for it. The group going to France are a great crack, so I think we’d find a sadistic pleasure getting battered by the weather.

Funnily enough I thought Turnberry weather was decent considering time of year, RCP was the. It’s horrendous I’ve faced.
Turnberry was ok weather wise as we dodged a major bullet, it was just the weeks of worry with the beast from the east with 68 people going and hotels and everything else booked, I breathed a sigh of relief once that final putt dropped.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not many yet, but plenty of options spinning.

Definitely;
North Berwick + a few tbd in the area.
Coxmoor
Champions Gate (course TBD)

Likely;
Sherwood
Boo Dizz Aire
Vale of Llangollen

Play the international course ( champions gate ) it’s bloody brilliant

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently

Moor Park
Ashridge
Princes
Parkstone

Hopefully also add Centurion to the list

Based on my record I think I’m on 196 courses played, so looking forward to adding another 4 to reach the 200 (not bad for A 31yo)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
planning on ;

Rye
Walton heath
Aberdovey
kilspindie
all these will be in hickory comps

going to take my reg clubs as well so might try and get a game at them with those as well

D

Deleted member 1147

Tandridge is a definite
Hopefully, all being well:
Berkshire Red
Berkshire Blue
Walton Heath Old
Walton Heath New

And, heading back to Woodhall Spa to see how the upgrade is going.

D

Deleted member 21258

Fess up yourself DRW :). Or ar you looking for handy tips for where to play?

Only asked as there is normally a thread every year about it and another thread made me think of it, original or not. :oops:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only asked as there is normally a thread every year about it and another thread made me think of it, original or not. :oops:

It does get the brain cells whirring doesn't it. I like to see where people are going as if a theme occurs then I put that course into the mental locker to look at for myself, assuming they are not all on the south coast of course as they are not really practical from my location.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It does get the brain cells whirring doesn't it. I like to see where people are going as if a theme occurs then I put that course into the mental locker to look at for myself, assuming they are not all on the south coast of course as they are not really practical from my location.
How far are you prepared to travel?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How far are you prepared to travel?

That is a very good question and one I've had to think about twice in the last year, lucky old me. On the whole 4 hours is about my limit although I would stretch that for a really top course. The reason for that is that I would be driving home after playing and how far do I want that post round journey to be when you are already tired after playing? I am someone who can get tired quickly in the wrong circumstances and that means I am either dangerous, I would not let sleeping at the wheel happen, or I would need to pull into a service station and sleep for a bit. 4 hours is about my limit for managing a journey without too much hassle. Add to that extra days off work if I need to get to the venue the night before, drive for 6 hours, get out of the car, attempt to play 18 holes. It wont work well.

Offer me a round at Sunningdale or Wentworth (about 5 1/2 hrs according to a route planner) and I would go for it but for everyday and better than everyday courses I would be more reluctant. The good news is that within that 4 hr journey time I have an awful lot of very nice courses I could visit, and have not done so at this stage, so it is not really a big miss.

Come retirement, a good while to go still, then the range will expand as I can stay over en route and post round but I don't have that time luxury at the moment.

I'm guessing you would not put a limit on distance to travel. Is that correct?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm guessing you would not put a limit on distance to travel. Is that correct?
Probably not to be honest, I'm quite happy to stay overnight either before or after. I also tend to have a 1 week golf holiday of some description each year, last couple of years they have been in Ireland. I've also done 3 day trips to Leeds and the midlands. I don't have huge amounts of holidays compared to my G/F (teacher) but I always make sure some of it is spent doing what I want to do as she has about 7 weeks more than me each year doing what she wants.

Dannyc

Visit site
Booked on the open at hillside only for them to ring me telling me they have just secured the British masters so hopefully u don’t mind us moving it back to a week after the big event for them so really looking forward to that now