What new courses have you got planned for 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Already booked in or going to play whilst away(did say I wouldn't play so many courses this year, but seem to be) :-

Saunton East
Saunton West
Burnham & Berrow
Muirfield
Moortown
Woodhall Spa - Hotchs
Centurion
Gleneagles - Queens
Gleneagles - Kings
Woburn - Dukes & Marquess
Royal Troon
Prestwick
Western Gailes

Planning hopefully a road trip travelling round South Ireland for a mad week site seeing and golf (European/Waterville/Tralee/Ballybunion/Trump) or depending on son may end up at the South Coast(ferndown/parkstone/broadstone)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Already booked in or going to play whilst away(did say I wouldn't play so many courses this year, but seem to be) :-

Saunton East
Saunton West
Burnham & Berrow
Muirfield
Moortown
Woodhall Spa - Hotchs
Centurion
Gleneagles - Queens
Gleneagles - Kings
Woburn - Dukes & Marquess
Royal Troon
Prestwick
Western Gailes

Planning hopefully a road trip travelling round South Ireland for a mad week site seeing and golf (European/Waterville/Tralee/Ballybunion/Trump) or depending on son may end up at the South Coast(ferndown/parkstone/broadstone)
A week's worth of green fees in SW Ireland will set you back a grand per head.

D

Deleted member 1147

I really want to go to Gelneagles one day - play the Kings & Queens, and eat at Andrew Fairlie's restaurant
In order to do it though I need to stop using up so much holiday!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing Moortown, Lindrick & Ganton in September for the Yorkshire Challenge comp, anyone done this one before?

No, but I played Moortown last year, part of a special deal they offer with Alwoodley. Moortown is a lovely course but a real challenge. Anyone with a handicap from there can take it to any course. Ganton is higher regarded still although I haven't played it myself.

I think you will be in for a treat.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've never played a single round in Yorkshire so will have to recitfy that this year... was also 55 last month, so will have to save cash by playing in some Senior Opens... 18 holes, a meal and a lift to the Post Office all for £7.50!! :LOL:

There are some lovely courses to play there and great places to stay whilst you are playing them. I've played a good number in N.Yorks and they have all been a pleasure. I've started to play a few more around Leeds and the odd one in York as well and the enjoyment is just the same.

There are plenty on here who can guide you towards good places to play there if you ever fancy it, from a locals persepective and also from people like me who go there for golfing weekends.

D

Deleted member 21258

Playing Moortown, Lindrick & Ganton in September for the Yorkshire Challenge comp, anyone done this one before?

Can only help with Ganton as only played that so far, all 3 of us thought it was ace and we don't often all agree.

D

Deleted member 21258

A week's worth of green fees in SW Ireland will set you back a grand per head.

Yeah really expensive as you say but am looking at options and membership costs currently but are fairly high, even if I would return each year to play. Would have loved to have done Old head or the adare manor but both got crossed off the list at 350 & 450 euros they are just too much, who can warrant or justify those costs.

brfcfan

Visit site
I was a little disappointed in Ganton, but if you like flat courses it won't be a problem, you will enjoy it. Just don't build it up too much before you play it like I did!

D

Deleted member 1147

My wife bought me a round there as a Christmas gift, I think I’ll play both and make a weekend of it!
My problem with going to Gleneagles is that the food & wine would probably take precedence over the golf.
But remembering the Kings from telly as a kid, it looked amazing!!

Dannyc

Visit site
My problem with going to Gleneagles is that the food & wine would probably take precedence over the golf.
But remembering the Kings from telly as a kid, it looked amazing!!
How much is it for a weekend there playing all courses