What new courses have you got planned for 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Playing Moortown, Lindrick & Ganton in September for the Yorkshire Challenge comp, anyone done this one before?

Played it several years back with GM for an article they did. Played Moortown several times, love it. Played Lindrick a few times, and its better than average. The greens were like glass on the day. Just played Ganton that once. It totally beat me up front 9. You've got to be straight, and you don't need to be that long. Once I got the hang of how to play it I really enjoyed. Couple of quirky holes but they certainly don't detract from the quality of the place.

The event is very well organised and run. And leader boards added to it all.

We based ourselves in one place, and a decent place it was too, but if I was doing it again I'd book somewhere different each night, closer to each venue.

Dannyc

Visit site
Looks like I’ll have to find a cheap hotel nearby 😱
Check yourself mate
Don’t trust me on the internet
I did put 4 people in so might of been 2 rooms but it defo said 900 odd and no mention of golf there
Hopefully someone will come on who has been

D

Deleted member 17920

A very quiet year lined up and I have told @Captainron we are not booking anything else as my other half will go mental!.

Playing this year

Knole Park
Bognor Regis
Tandridge
Hankley Common
Coventry
The Addington
Burnam and Berrow
Kings Lynn
Purdis Heath
Felixstowe Ferry
Lymm
York strensall
York Fulford
Also going to try and get to Muirfield this year.

Also will be doing but played them before

Trump Aberdeen
Royal Aberdeen
Royal Troon
Sunningdale old and new
Fairhaven
Market Rasen
And possibly Saunton on the 36 hole open if I am on holiday that week.
Well just booked the 36 hole easter Open at Saunton so I had best book the holiday now :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Check yourself mate
Don’t trust me on the internet
I did put 4 people in so might of been 2 rooms but it defo said 900 odd and no mention of golf there
Hopefully someone will come on who has been
They often do spa breaks and couple deals, we got one for £450 for Dinner B&B and a spa for the wife and a game on the kings for me

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was a little disappointed in Ganton, but if you like flat courses it won't be a problem, you will enjoy it. Just don't build it up too much before you play it like I did!
ganton is absolutely exceptional. 17 and 18 are a bit weak but other than that it’s amazing from start to finish

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off to Val Do Lobo in Jan playing the Ocean and the Royal. Never played in portugal so really looking forward to i
Portugal golf is great. Courses are usually always in great condition. Personally I think the Vale Do Lobo courses were hugely overrated (with the 16th on the royal being the most overrated golf hole I have ever played). However that doesn’t mean it’s not a good course

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m playing Bearwood Lakes next Thursday ... three friends an I won a round in a charity auction. Looks a lovely course, but a lot of water 😳.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking at playing a few "Royal" clubs as part of a mini tour with our captain. He gets to play a lot of them as part of his tenure and asked me to partner him for a few.No idea what ones yet but suggested we start at Royal Birkdale and work back

Fish

Banned
Visit site
None at present, other than hopefully the Tandridge H4H day.

Usually got my diary packed with meets throughout the year already, many usually new courses, but sadly only 1 or 2 are fully committed to at this time and their repeat venues.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
None at present, other than hopefully the Tandridge H4H day.

Usually got my diary packed with meets throughout the year already, many usually new courses, but sadly only 1 or 2 are fully committed to at this time and their repeat venues.

Nice to see you back on mate. Hope life has been treating you ok

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Portugal golf is great. Courses are usually always in great condition. Personally I think the Vale Do Lobo courses were hugely overrated (with the 16th on the royal being the most overrated golf hole I have ever played). However that doesn’t mean it’s not a good course

That’s cos the 16th is a wedge for you and the rest of us are hitting long irons! ;) San Lorenzo and Quinta do Lago are better than VdL..... but they are a good place to start. Some great restaurants etc round there but take some finding fist visit

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s cos the 16th is a wedge for you and the rest of us are hitting long irons! ;) San Lorenzo and Quinta do Lago are better than VdL..... but they are a good place to start. Some great restaurants etc round there but take some finding fist visit
It’s just a bang average par 3 (I think I hit 5iron).

Agree about the other 2 places. However clubhouse at VdL was very smart with a great putting green.

I love Portugal this talk is making me jealous 😩