What new courses have you got planned for 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not really but I’m a survivor....just been working hard to keep me focussed and posting on Twatter & FaceAche to show people I’m still warm.
Realise from your social media posts it has been a rough time mate. Hope things improve soon and you can get back fully into your golf and travelling around to different courses. Good to have you back on here though

Brizo1411

Visit site
Heading to Portugal in March and will be playing Salgados which I haven't played before.

Castlerock next Tuesday 8th Jan and then Laytown and Bettystown in Feb.

No others booked yet but want to play Portstewart and organise a trip up to Donegal to play a few
I’m out there in March aswell playing that course

Also alamos and morgados

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Currently only booked for The Castle Course at St Andrews (alongside the Old Course which I have played before). Not sure how many days we are going up for, potentially looking at playing a couple of other courses whilst we are up there

Elie
Royal Dornoch (if the boy gets his Uni place sorted)

Hopefully going to get another chance at Bearwood Lakes after being rained off last year.

Stoke Park planned before the End of March weather permitting.

Probably a few more, but nothing else planned as yet.

D

Deleted member 17920

I really want to go to Gelneagles one day - play the Kings & Queens, and eat at Andrew Fairlie's restaurant
In order to do it though I need to stop using up so much holiday!
Just read the crap news that Andrew has just passed away :cry:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm currently lining up some of the courses around the northern coastline of Ireland, intending to play Portrush, Portstewart, Portsalon and Dunfanaghy as well as return visits to places like Rosapenna, Ballyliffin and Co Donegal.

D

Deleted member 1147

Just read the crap news that Andrew has just passed away :cry:

I can't believe it :cry:
He seemed to be a good bloke as well as a to chef - always encouraging to people wanting to learn the business on any of the TV shows I've seen him on.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The company I was working at up in Inverness last weekend have a corporate membership at Castle Stuart. The owner told me to bring my clubs with me next time I'm there and he'll take me over for a game.
Fingers crossed he comes good with his offer 😛

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Isn't it about time you hosted a meet!! :love:

I get the feeling I'd struggle to make a 4-ball :unsure: :LOL:

I think its well overdue for Mike & his GM team to do a forum opportunity/club test round these parts (they all seem to be in the north!)
And all the new gear comes out in Feb you've no clue if it'll work well when the summer comes along ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The company I was working at up in Inverness last weekend have a corporate membership at Castle Stuart. The owner told me to bring my clubs with me next time I'm there and he'll take me over for a game.
Fingers crossed he comes good with his offer 😛
who were you working for?

jordan1987

Visit site
Gleneagles Kings Course in April - stupidly excited about that

Castle Eden, well regarded around here and playing with a fellow forumer in an Open there in May

Hoping to play Wynyard, Darlington area, as that looks very nice indeed and a forumer kindly offered to host me (hopefully he still remembers and has re-joined (y))

Anything else new will be a bonus.

Isn't golf a brilliant game for this? We can pick and choose various places to play around the country. No being tied to whoever is playing in your particular league that year.

Castle Eden is a lovely course, feels very long. I am playing up Foxton Hall at Alnmouth which I imagine you have played if you are from Northumberland.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Castle Eden is a lovely course, feels very long. I am playing up Foxton Hall at Alnmouth which I imagine you have played if you are from Northumberland.
Played there plenty of times, seen David for lessons as well. My in laws live in Alnmouth so I've seen Foxton over many years. I think the improvements in recent times, mainly off course as on course has always been first class, have been hugely impressive and Foxton must be one of the best all round clubs in the region. Great place to be a member.