What is your best/worst tour pro mannerism?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just for a bit of fun (and to share on the website) what do you do on the course, or away from it, that is a giveaway that you (on occasion) act like a tour pro?

I have plenty of previous here...

eg clacking my wedge on the back of my shoes on the way out of the bunker
repairing my pitchmarks with a maximum of three twists
having my glove perfectly arranged in my back pocket, with fingers protruding, when putting

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I've also been known to do a little comedy Chi Chi when holing a (six foot) putt

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My standard is the wedge tap on the shoe when leaving a bunker, it just makes sense.

I have been known in the past to do a Sergio but club repairs and replacements are expensive so I toned that down.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
When the shot warrants it I will acknowledge the 'gallery'/doff cap/wave/point to random spectator with wry smile etc etc, after holing a long or difficult putt, particularly if its for birdie

You guys can decide if that comes under best or worst pro mannerism

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I don't take my golf overly serious, especially woth mates, so I have quite a few that are all done in jest (until that horrifying moment you realise you've done something without a hint of irony). Off the top of my head.

- The doff of a cap to a non existent gallery.
- the hitch of the trousers to pick the ball out of the hole.
- the (gentle) drop to the knees after holing out on the 18th Green to celebrate winning my first Swingers Club golf day.
- driving the ball over a stretch of water and holding both arms aloft à la Bryson at Bay Hill. Albeit mine would more likely be an 80 yard pond.
- Kevin Na walk in, usually to watch it slide past the hole.

Unfortunately thats where any resemblance to the pros begins and ends.

Must be clear I would never do these in a club comp or if any of my PPs were submitting scores etc.

D

Deleted member 1147

I spit and swear a lot :devilish:

...and I don't have any bad ones

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I will stare hard, unbelievably and accusatorially at my (imaginary) caddy when my meticulously considered and ‘perfectly’ hit wedge shot drops 20yds short and into a green-side bunker.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a horrid shot I'll look at the ground, where the ball had been, with utter disgust because the ground was obviously to blame.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
On a bad day I also like to faux slam the bunker as if to suggest there wasn't the right amount of sand in there