What is the daftest sign / notice you've ever seen at a golf club?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
wLtNF2J.jpg

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a 'beware of flying golf balls' sign.

Wow, statement of the obvious.

We had similar at my old place, two former captains went very H&S and put signage up everywhere things like "beware of golf balls from the right" "Please shout fore if your ball is heading towards other golfers" and other pointers that should be ridiculously obvious to anyone with half a brain!

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The course I grew up playing at in Blackpool had a sign which reminded/informed male members who had taken to relieving themselves in the trees by the 9th tee that they were in full view of both the road which ran parallel and several house. It politely asked these men to wait until they had finished the 9th to nip in to the loo if so required.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I grew up, we had a plaque in one of the bathrooms from an old golf club. It stated the following:

GENTLEMEN PLAYERS ARE REQUESTED TO ONLY WASH THEIR BALLS IN THE SINKS PROVIDED AND NOT ELSEWHERE J. THOMAS Honorary Secretary Newport Golf and Country Club 30 TH JUNE 1862.

I always found this amusing.

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
See this one at pretty much every course I play.

"Trolleys This Way ----------->"

Completely pointless as it's written in gobbledygook and no sod actually knows what it means.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I remember a driving range operated by the English Sports Council [Bisham Abbey?] where a sign said

Will hookers please use the right hand side of the range.

This was in the 1970's when the word hookers generally had one meaning.