What have you got in your locker?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Literally... what have you got in your locker? I heard today that the locker of a lapsed member was getting cleared out. Amongst the stuff found was a sleeve of shuttlecocks (we have no badminton courts), a carrier bag containing 3 (three) oven gloves, a box of Christmas crackers and several tins of pineapple chunks.

By boring comparison, my locker is used for occasional club/bag storage, to house clean shirt/shorts/trousers and perhaps a sleeve of balls or two. What do you keep in yours?

D

Deleted member 23270

I only have a small locker. Got a couple of pairs of shoes, some suncream and a wash bag so I can shower after a game. Currently on the waiting list for a full size locker then I'll be keeping my clubs in it.

Mandofred

Visit site
Changed clubs in the last couple of weeks. I got a locker with the hope of keeping my clubs there (they also have a trolley room). That way I was hoping to walk to the course (about 1.8 miles). Turns out the lockers only have one tiny hole near the top of the door. Anything wet/needing airing gets no air....so nothing dries. So now I drive the clubs to the course and use the locker for my shag bag and a plastic box full of "extras". Just seems like they didn't think things through with the design. Having a 2-3 small vents would let things air out. Next year I'll probably just stick the box/shag bag in the back of the car like I used to......

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changed clubs in the last couple of weeks. I got a locker with the hope of keeping my clubs there (they also have a trolley room). That way I was hoping to walk to the course (about 1.8 miles). Turns out the lockers only have one tiny hole near the top of the door. Anything wet/needing airing gets no air....so nothing dries. So now I drive the clubs to the course and use the locker for my shag bag and a plastic box full of "extras". Just seems like they didn't think things through with the design. Having a 2-3 small vents would let things air out. Next year I'll probably just stick the box/shag bag in the back of the car like I used to......
This is something I’ve not considered. Although our lockers are located close to the showers, so not the best environment for airing/drying. However, you’d think they’d be trying to avoid foisty smells.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only have a small locker. Got a couple of pairs of shoes, some suncream and a wash bag so I can shower after a game. Currently on the waiting list for a full size locker then I'll be keeping my clubs in it.
Suncream! Good shout. I got caught a few times last year after forgetting to apply at home. Finished the round liking half man/half radish.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Oh right, by "locker" you mean one of those titchy cupboards at the golf club.
Its time I faced my problem. The Equipment Junkie thread got me started.
If I've got the bottle, I will take a couple of pics of my "locker" and post them on here later today. I won't bother tidying things up a bit first either.
There's even more stuff in the loft. Please don't make me go there yet.
Baby steps.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a pencil bag with an older set of irons in. Could park the car, walk up links road, grab the bag, stick the driver in, put shoes on and step out on to the 1st/18th fairway of The Old in less than 5 minutes.

It’s the absolute dream…

And utterly useless for the other 360 days of the year. ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I haven't been in our main locker room since covid! From memory, my locker has a couple of towels in it. A bag with full set of toiletries, changes of clothes and a practice ball bag.

Playing in something next week with a formal dinner after. I'll go in there tomorrow to check what's there!

D

Deleted member 1147

Which ever club I don't currently have in the bag (hybrid or 2 iron)
In winter, the half set I'm not carrying
A shag bag with old Pro Vs
Pencil bag
a few jumpers
compression sleeves
some new balls
other sundry crap

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My caddy bib, some miniature maccallen whisky bottles. A big with some shower stuff and a change of clothes. The two ping eyes woods I bought from Oddsocks years ago and never really hit. Apart from the caddy bib nothing else has been touched in at least 3 years