What Happens When Your Course is Closed?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at my club's website for this week I have noticed that the course is closed from Tuesday to Friday for the Midlands youth championship. Whilst I have not checked what provisions may be in place, I wondered what other clubs do in this situation. Do they make arrangements with other local clubs so as members still have somewhere to play or is it generally a case of 'hard luck' you have to take a week off or pay to play elsewhere.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
During the Open,we got a months discount on our green fees for inconvenience and we got courtesy on another course during the event.(Letham Grange)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When we use to be situated in the middle of Ascot racecourse we use to shut every time there was a race meeting and for 10 days to prepare/dismantle during Royal Ascot. No golf, no reduction in subs but we did get a reciprical arrangement to play Maidenhead during Ascot week (still had to play full green fee).

Now we have moved we are open all the time although the course is reduced to 12 holes during Royal week to allow helicopters to land and transfer passsengers.
If our course holds events, the tees are ususllay block booked or if it is a major event (pro-am, county event etc) it is shut and it is just tough.

WGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
There is a local 12 hole links course a few miles outside of town where members can get a half price discount voucher for when our course is closed.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
In our case.....there are 3 or 4 courses in the area that offer free or discounted (like a members visitor rate) to help each other out. Try phoning a few, say what's going on and see what you get....it might work.