What do you hate about the game?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
According to my brother, there's no problems with taking trolleys right across greens in Australia!

This is just pandering to the convenience of paying customers. Obviously if it's hot and dry this is unlikely to make much of a difference, but it's wear and tear that is unnecessary - and once people get used to it, they end up doing it on wet days and put ruts across the surfaces.

Remember there was a time, not that long ago, when most clubs in the UK didn't allow trolleys of any kind, unless you had a doctors note. Now people want to use them and clubs aren't able to knock back paying members or customers.

Electric trolleys are probably double the weight of a stand bag and will cause problem areas at a lot of courses where there may be narrow openings used by the majority of traffic.

I am a carrier and only considering a push trolley as almost every other person has them and most places will have synthetic surfaces at the problem areas.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Achieving peak ball (and i mean peak) striking after a few lessons and some good practice time.

Only to end up totally unable to hit a driver and looking like a chomper

then to develop the Shermans on the course with irons (never done that really bar a couple)

Then to repeat my simple practice drill at the range and to end up POWER sh%$king nearly 200 balls with every club in the bag

God i despair at times. i truly do

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Achieving peak ball (and i mean peak) striking after a few lessons and some good practice time.

Only to end up totally unable to hit a driver and looking like a chomper

then to develop the Shermans on the course with irons (never done that really bar a couple)

Then to repeat my simple practice drill at the range and to end up POWER sh%$king nearly 200 balls with every club in the bag

God i despair at times. i truly do
Ps

I’m sure some git will be along shortly to confirm just how shocking my driving and back 9 shanks were last Sunday.

Cause he’s nice like that...

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got in after this mornings round.
3 Putts is certainly top of my list. And playing partners who insist on giving you advice when your not playing well which is what happened constantly to me today ! Found myself getting very frustrated

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t hate anything about the game - it’s brilliant

As for some people who play it

- slow play
- not taking care of your own course
- people who are surgical attached to their trolley
- over long PSR’s
- people who just want to change everything to suit themselves

D

Deleted Member 1156

Are you meaning that you take a bag with sand / seed around with you for the full 18 holes? I've seen boxes on tees before but never seen anyone filling in divot holes on the course.
Yes, as murph says, attach one to your bag or trolley and fill in any divots that you make. Ideally there should be refill points every few holes.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Slow play

Slow players not calling you thru

Those times when you visit another club and they...
A.Dont tell you about the temp greens
B.Happily charge full green fee for the priveledge

Old fuddys who are convinced it's their course!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why no trolleys on tees?

!

Compaction of the ground and eventually the tees have lots of little mounds and hollows.

It is noticeable where I play the tees where you would even think about taking a trolley on them need the least maintenance.

D

Deleted member 25172

To have to correct peoples scores. Especially when it's always the same people you have to correct. Even when it's just a friendly knock with mates.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slow play

Slow players not letting you through

Pompous dress codes

My inability to get to be as good as I would like

The cost of being a member of a club. I know it is expensive to run a golf club / course but it is still quite a barrier and an expense compared to many other sports.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Compaction of the ground and eventually the tees have lots of little mounds and hollows.

It is noticeable where I play the tees where you would even think about taking a trolley on them need the least maintenance.

Trolley isn't going to compact the ground any more than my 14 stone frame standing around waiting for the group in front as they are farting about with an in, out, tended flag stick scenario.

😂⛳

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trolley isn't going to compact the ground any more than my 14 stone frame standing around waiting for the group in front as they are farting about with an in, out, tended flag stick scenario.

😂⛳

but then it becomes your trolley etc plus your 14 stone. Trolley wheels go over the ground continuously you are taking steps. Lost of people walking do not all walk on the same bit of ground but people taking trolleys generally do so the wear area end up much more noticeable.

Visit site
Morons who dont do.

Divots not replaced - oh the crows pick them out!!! What and walk 5yds up the fairway, drop it, then waddle back to see what’s in there?? REPLACE YOUR DIVOT

Pitch marks unrepaired. It doesn’t take much effort to bend down and repair. SO REPAIR ANY YOU FIND - IF ITS ON YOUR LINE OF PUTT YOU’D REPAIR IT.

Bunkers not raked. My biggest pet hate. I want to catch those who don’t do it and confront them to see how good they are when their ball is in a foot print or sand divot. RAKE YOUR MESS UP ITS NOT HARD TO DO.

The other is those who run round the golf course cos they don’t have much time, or they want to watch the match, and bemoan others who are playing at a reasonable pace in front but are now being accused of slow play. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME THEN DONT PLAY.

Oh and trolleys hauled over teeing areas, next it’ll be the greens..