What are you working on / practicing?

calluma11

Club Champion
Visit site
I've searched this and I'm fairly sure there's not an existing thread (strange?)

Anyway, as the title really.

Spent this evening in the garden with some alignment rods. One lay parallel to my 'target line' and the other stuck vertically in the ground touching the other.

The aim of this was to get rid of my slight out-to-in path. My common shot is a fade, recently (with the help of some hand releasing drills) it's been a straight pull.

When I could see the rods well in the light, it was a visual aid. When it got dark and I could hardly see them, I was trying to feel what I had been practicing. Not the method I intended to learn it, but it felt like it worked well and I've come away feeling very positive.

I'm now sort of 'dropping' the club on plane in the downswing.

Have also been working on my weight transfer, especially into the leading leg/side

Your stories welcome
Callum

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spent two hours at the practice ground last night with just the 5 and 6 irons hitting reps of ten balls. Its not going well. 7-PW I am hitting clean but 5 and 6 are just not right.
Its a work in progress and I think it all hinges on me making a wider take away to create a better arc, think I am a bit steep going back at present.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aint that the truth.
Driving and putting were my saving grace at the weekend. Unusual to ssy that as its normally my wedges but some tinkering in that dept has upset my mojo.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Trying to get my chipping working properly. Due the recent wet weather our practice chipping area has been like a bog, but now dry enough to get practising again.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
for the first time, I am not going to work on anything. Just going to play with little thoughts in my head and see what happens. The time of getting too technical is disappearing. Just swing the club and see what happens

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
There's always so much to learn an so little practice time...

I do pratice a lot of distance control in putting again, at home on the putting mat, because my putting was off the last two weeks and because it is the one thing that I can work on at home on a daily basis. On the range I am working on rolling the hands over as I come through in the full swing, especially with the driver and 3wood, because I tend to forget that, which results to a clubface wide open and a chicken wing elbow, wich not only leaves to a push slice form hell, but also hurts my left forearm. It's avoiding me. I had this during my week in Spain for one glorious morning, where I hit one perfect draw after the next. Well, maybe they weren't that perfect and some overdrew slightly, but I was so delighted that I finally got the ball to draw that I did not care. But somehow my brain dd not file away the movement correctly and the next day I was back with my open clubface.

Also: bump and runs with the mid-irons. A nice safe shot to use and I normally make good contact and everything, but I really need to spend more time on this to sort my distances out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Working on a few things:

- Practising iron strike with the assistance of my new DST 8 iron
- Working on my hip turn and avoidance of the dreaded hip slide to help avoid shanks
- Working on hitting up on the big stick as have a tendency to hit downa degree and lose the ball WAY right
- Have changed putting grip and set-up so working on that too

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Driving, was swinging great for two rounds. Thought I had finally cracked it then a bit of flu resulting in a week off practicing and now my driver swing is completely gone. Gotta love this game

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was working on path into and through the ball (about the only thing important to my game these days as I get lazy with the strike) a few weeks ago and need to pick that up again

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm working on the ever growing list of jobs i have at home so i can try and free some time to actually just go and play!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working on keeping my hands low to start the swing. Have a tendency to pick up early which gets me out of position. Plays havoc with my shots with the long clubs, short irons seem fine. I had forgot this tip a few weeks after my last lesson, luckily I write lesson notes on things to work on and came back to it. So just send a couple minutes every time I pass my bag and get a club out working on that first few feet of the swing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Driving.
whikst not too concerned with accuracy. I had a gapping session yesterday and all my irons and woods have a consistent swing speed. But the driver drops about 10% meaning it's only just longer than the 3wood.

Have a lesson this afternoon to try a few things and see if we can sort it.

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm working on:

Tempo with the irons as I have a tendency to rush the backswing when i'm not thinking about it and then overswing causing problems with path on the way down.

Need to train my brain to start hitting the new hybrids like an iron not a wood, to stop me topping and hooking them!

I've neglected my chipping for a while and its starting to cost shots, so need to go back to that, as strike has not been as crisp as I would like

Also working on putter face alignment and ball position, felt I had it too far back in the stance so not getting a true roll. I seem to have developed a tendency to take the putter back slightly outside the line, so need to sort that before I causes too many problems

I've finally got the driver working and hitting up on it, so parking that for a while, no doubt that will come to haunt me!

The only problem is i'm now going on holiday for 2 weeks with the Mrs, and only have 5 days after I get back before I golf break, so not much time to work on any of this and no doubt the swing will feel alien when I get back!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting rid of a cold. I've stocked up with lucazade, original, and R Whites lemonade, to be boiled and added to three fingers of whiskey in a pint pot. Also purchased, Cadburys Giant buttons £1, 119g which is more g's than the £1 bar. ?????

That should do it !!! :D