What are you hoping to achieve in the future?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Not wanting to put a downer on this as it's a perfectly resonable question, however.

Was at the funeral today of an old friend of mine that died whilst helping the relief aid in Africa, he was a pilot among many other things. He was 33.

I have one son aged 16 months, and today has made me realize that we're not here for long, and for some not very long at all. I don't know when my time is up, or my sons for that matter, and all that I would hope for in the future is that I can spend as much quality time with my son as possible, and not be the selfish arse that wants to play golf whenever I'm not working.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
My ambition is to play more consistent. I’ve met all my goals over the years and I’m happy playing off 6. A lower HC would be nice, but consistency is more important now. I've won a few comps in my time and I've had a comp hole in one also, so onwards and upwards.

Still trying to fade the ball a little for the new GC (course) I’ve joined and I’m still trying to get used to the landmarks for some of the blind shots.

We’re never happy us golfers, are we. :)

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great Thread!!

Got the blades (see below) also had 2 holes in one in the last year.

Do-Able :- Get to 4 and stay there.Win scratch match play

Outside chance :- Win the Club Open.

Impossible Dream :- Club Champion, Surrey Mid Amateur.

Now for the controversial bit....have you any idea how easy it is to play to single figures!!!

The gap between 9 and 5 is bigger than between 20 and 10.

Homer, I promise you this, I will caddy for you in a medal and you will play to 9 at worst.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Madandra

Sub 80,no problem.

Beat 76,crikey not easy at all!!

Single figures, way easier than you think

Pro Am cant help.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shoot 12 rounds sub 80
Beat PB of 76
Get to single figures

1) that'll be the short game.
2) that'll be the putting.
2) that'll be the short game and the putting.

You are close already....can't see you not making it....a couple more GIR, a couple more par scrambles, easy.....

themmings

Visit site
Determined to learn to play the game this year!! My target by the end of this year is to break 100 (consistently), relax and enjoy the game (and my new family membership at my first club) :)

Swiper

Hacker
Visit site
Quite simply, to play the back nine as well as I play the front. I can play the front like a 12 handicapper and the back like a 36 handicapper! It does not help when after the 9th the ribbing starts and the pressure is put on, perhaps I need a sports psychologist.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
AHA!! Therein lies an issue,do you mean distance or accuracy?

Or am I taking this too seriously.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Too get down to consistent scoring.

Join a club. The only local club i have friends at charge £800 joining fee.

Not to give my dad a heart attack through severe laughing when i play him for the first time. This will be at The legends course Orange Lake. www.orangelake.com

Also too add to the above as it is a florida course with water which may will a magnet for my balls i hope not to become a gators lunch.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This year I am looking to break 90 and bring my handicap down to the low twenties. I know the game is in there if I can get rid of a few of the duff shots. Generally I would be happy with an improvement in consistency.

Aside from that, need to enter my first comps and find a few new people to golf with.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This year I am looking to break 90 and bring my handicap down to the low twenties. I know the game is in there if I can get rid of a few of the duff shots. Generally I would be happy with an improvement in consistency.

Aside from that, need to enter my first comps and find a few new people to golf with.

We have pretty much the same aspirations for the upcoming year.

I want to constantly break 100/95 :rolleyes:

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
to get down to 12,14 is more realistic,but we all have to dream.

to drive straighter and longer.

devote more time to practice.

to lose half a stone,this can only help my golf(not a fatty just put a bit of beef since i stopped going to the gym,starting back next week).

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
To get official handicap under 20

To beat my personal best

To have a smile on my face all the way round

(To lob in the boast - already done the 300. Don't think Essex counts as being at altitude?)