What a weekend in store!

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
It's our Club Championship this Weekend at Brancepeth Castle!

The sun is forecast and the conditions are perfect for someone to really have a couple of good knocks!

We have two comps in one really the Gross (The Boar) and Nett (Lady Boyne) - we have some great golfers going for the gross some lads of -2, scratch, 1 etc. It's going to be good and looking forward to seeing the scores. More interestingly though is the Nett is open to anyone - there's some lads in great form this year.

I'm off at 8am - can't help but think I shot my lowest round of 69 a few weeks ago - could I possibly do the impossible?? We'll wait and find out!

What golf have you got planned this weekend?

and to top things off - the US Open is on! Woohoo!
I love golf me!

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's doing really well at the moment - took a month to get the greens right.
But the last 4-5 weeks they've been spot on. Good pace and turning well. (just need people to repair there pitchmarks)
The course is pretty spot on. Drained really well from last weeks rain to!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i wouldn't get a head of yourself. just go and play, no expectation. had two OK round s in the qualifiers. then won all my matches. never expected to do anything.

now find myself club champion of the chompers;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here actually, Course Championship at my place, 18 on Saturday & 18 on Sunday. First two-dayer that I've done since this is my first year as a member, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm unlikely to place unless I put in my best round/rounds of the year, so I'm just going to go out and enjoy it really. Hope the weather stays good. (Forecast is ridiculous actually, 28° on both days!)

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good luck, I love a 36 hole club comp weekend

I have a 36 hole warm up tomorrow at Cooden, then our summer festival is Saturday and Sunday...hoping I am bring my A game!

U

User62651

i wouldn't get a head of yourself. just go and play, no expectation. had two OK round s in the qualifiers. then won all my matches. never expected to do anything.

now find myself club champion of the chompers;)

I'll say well done but I'm not sure what that means? Scratch champ? handicap champ? senior champ? Some other champ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Last hurrah at my club before the circus that is Royal Ascot rolls into town making the club a virtual no go zone. Lesson tomorrow on my birthday, knock with a mate late Saturday afternoon and then out in the roll up early Sunday before they impose the restrictions on some holes for the helicopter landings and ferrying the rich and famous to and from the course

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last hurrah at my club before the circus that is Royal Ascot rolls into town making the club a virtual no go zone. Lesson tomorrow on my birthday, knock with a mate late Saturday afternoon and then out in the roll up early Sunday before they impose the restrictions on some holes for the helicopter landings and ferrying the rich and famous to and from the course

I used to work as the Man from the Pru in Ascot. I always used to take the race weeks as holiday because getting round was so difficult.