What’s your favourite course to play on

Favourite Course to play on

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there much difference between heathland and moorland? Not being sarky, I couldn't really split them in my mind.

I went heathland, perhaps I meant moorland o_O, but I know that links is absolutely bottom of the pile 😄

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Is there much difference between heathland and moorland? Not being sarky, I couldn't really split them in my mind.

I went heathland, perhaps I meant moorland o_O, but I know that links is absolutely bottom of the pile 😄
Moorland courses are generally similar style land to a heathland but higher up if that makes sense

You see more of them on hillsides etcs

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like links golf but there is far to much luck involved good and bad bounces can turn a good shot into a disaster.

Went for Parkland it’s what I’m used to.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like links golf but there is far to much luck involved good and bad bounces can turn a good shot into a disaster.

Went for Parkland it’s what I’m used to.
This is what makes links so good. You get a bad bounce and you need to think about the next shot, or have to manufacture a recovery. Makes that up and down even more rewarding.

Golf isn't meant to be easy after all

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is what makes links so good. You get a bad bounce and you need to think about the next shot, or have to manufacture a recovery. Makes that up and down even more rewarding.

With the luck I get ( lack of )

I prefer my ball to go where I hit it.😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I love the challenge just don't play it often enough to get good at it. A very different beast to a parkland or even heathland course

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heathland for suuuure. I just don't really get on with Links golf due to a high ball flight. They are visually appealing, but I'd rather play a Heathland course every day of the week

Give me Sunny Old or Hankley Common over The Belfry.

evemccc

Visit site
Aside from the obvious differences, I think the greens / green complexes of good links courses that really stand out. With lots of run-offs, they seem harder / more interesting than the greens of other types of courses, even than some renowned heathlands