What’s the Hardest to do

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hardest to Achieve

• Total voters

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Statistically it surely has to be a hole in one.

Top snooker players are surely going to make more 147’s and dart players 9 dart check-outs than top golfers are holes in one.
Even some Pros never get a hole in one during their whole career!
My eldest brother started playing ten years ago and got a hole in one in his second year of playing! Lucky sod!! 😭

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The original question was about difficulty, not statistics

Okay then, if we’re going to argue about semantics, statistics surely show that a hole in one is more difficult. Happy now? 😉

I suppose it depends on whether the question relates to pro snooker players, dart players and golfers, or amateurs. If it’s the latter then, without question, the answer has to be a maximum in snooker.

Albo

Visit site
Snooker, then bowling, then darts, then golf.
Based my answer on the number of correct outcomes from actions needed. Snooker 36
Bowling 13 (I think)
Darts 9
Golf 1.
Mate of mine had a HiO when he skulled a shot it landed before the green rolled up through the green to a bank at the back , round the bank down and into the hole. No skill involved in that shot at all. No way anyone could fluke a 147, a couple of shots yes, a good split on the reds etc but it’s 99% skill. Golf you just need a huge amount of luck and a modicum of skill

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nobody can agree when comparing different eras of the same sport so trying to agree on an aspect of different sports, like this question, is on a slippery slope to oblivion
And as such should be avoided at all costs...
And, for what it's worth, I agree with Fundy...

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thinking about the population of the UK and I am taking an educated guess here:

147s - almost certainly less than 100 people
9-darter - 1,000?
Hole in 1 - 500,000?

Making a 147 is by far the hardest to achieve.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For the pros I would say hole in one, 147 in snooker I would hazard a guess that most pros have had one.

Remember watching a pro hitting 500 balls trying to get a hole in one and he never managed it.

For the rest of us 147 in snooker would be the most difficult must be very rare that any amateur has had a 147 , where as any hacker could fluke a hole in one.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
For the pros I would say hole in one, 147 in snooker I would hazard a guess that most pros have had one.

Remember watching a pro hitting 500 balls trying to get a hole in one and he never managed it.

For the rest of us 147 in snooker would be the most difficult must be very rare that any amateur has had a 147 , where as any hacker could fluke a hole in one.

Spot on assessment.

Springveldt

Visit site
I’ve went with hole in one as well as I assumed we were talking about pro’s. Every week we see around 300 of the best players in the world (DPWT and PGA) have around 3,600 realistic attempts at a HIO (assuming 4 par 3’s on the course) and you are lucky to see a single one. I’m betting if pro snooker or darts players had that many legs/frames we would see more 147’s or 9 darters.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
147 is the answer. It’s shouldn’t even be a debate. 36 shots are required to achieve it. I have a hole in one in golf and am very average.

There have been 185 147s recorded in professional snooker tournaments since 1982.

There have been 437 9 darters recorded in the PDC era (since 1996).

Most seasons see over 30 holes in one recorded on the PGA tour. The most ever recorded in a single season was 44 in 1994.