What’s the most you’ve spent....

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a golf club??
Played with a fella yesterday with a £700 driver head/shaft combo
I once spent £450 on a driver back when they were £200. I can honestly say it performed no better than an off the shelf. No judgement but what would you expect a £700 club to do?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Probably the £219 I spent on my Titliest 915 driver when the 917 was released. Its been a revelation. My FIR has gone up quite a bit since then.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would probably be around £350 or so on a new driver. That was off the shelf. Has it performed as well as the old one? Probably marginally so but not a lot in it. Was I lured by the thought of a shiny new club in the bag? Definitely

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£90 on a putter but that was off set by getting £45 trade in on my old one so I only actually handed over £45 in hard cash.

£700, I'd expect it to be an absolute wand. Impossible to slice or hook, a minimum extra distance of 20yds, minimum. It's a scary amount to spend on a club, to me, but if you have the money and freedom to do it then fill your boots.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
All relative to your disposable income.

Agree. Doesn’t really matter and for most they understand it’s not going to fix all their ills. If you can afford it and you like it then go for it.

Ignoring my driving and shaft that I was gotten for it’d be £500 for my Odyssey Exo Two Ball Putter.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever my Cleaveland Classic XL cost new with the stock shaft. Close run with my Ping Redwood putter which was also new.

For the duration I have had them they cost about £5 a month... No chance of them going anywhere for the next 3 years I would guess.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably about £300 on a driver. For £700 I would expect it to hit the ball about 300 yards straight down the middle every time.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Relatively speaking about £100 on a putter 25 years ago and a similar amount for my first ever graphite shafted driver (Wilson Whale) around the same period.

In todays terms my recent purchase of an M4 driver second hand at £250

Most expensive set (relatively) custom fitted Nicklaus N1 irons £600 in the very early 1990s

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
All relative to your disposable income.
Yep definitely, this isn’t a politics of envy post. Spend what you want. It was more, a- what’s the most you’ve spent b- if you spent £700 on a driver what difference would you want it to make?

D

Deleted member 15344

On one club I think it was either my current driver - M4 or my putter - both were about £340 ?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
£90 on a putter but that was off set by getting £45 trade in on my old one so I only actually handed over £45 in hard cash.

£700, I'd expect it to be an absolute wand. Impossible to slice or hook, a minimum extra distance of 20yds, minimum. It's a scary amount to spend on a club, to me, but if you have the money and freedom to do it then fill your boots.
It was fitted (fitted up) @ Golf principles, I’ve been there, it’s a comprehensive service but ultimately you’re doubling the cost of the driver for a drop of 300 rpm spin rate, which is mainly influenced by strike IMO. I’m in the crossfield camp on that.

I’d spend a chunk of money on a putter that I was truly happy with 🤣

D

Deleted member 17920

On a golf club??
Played with a fella yesterday with a £700 driver head/shaft combo
I once spent £450 on a driver back when they were £200. I can honestly say it performed no better than an off the shelf. No judgement but what would you expect a £700 club to do?
Was the driver a PXG?

We have sold quite a few recently after fitting sessions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
About £300.
I've had some expensive drivers but always got them through the AG double value trade in...
Shafts can be serious money.
Recently bought a Rogue driver on eBay fairly cheap.
Turns out its a Tour Issue club with a £500 Accra shaft in it!
Played it a couple of times but it didn't do anything particularly different to my current shaft except launch stupidly low so it's been sold.
Covered the cost of buying the driver in the first place:p
Result!

D

Deleted member 1740

£280 for my Evnroll putter, I’m reluctant to go higher than that for anything else in future.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Whatever the M2 went for when it was brand new (new R15 before that). Much prefer the M2 over any other driver out there even 2 years later.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I once won a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter in our Pro's raffle that apparently had a retail value of £320, which, I would have to concede, was a thing of beauty to behold.

Anyway, I took it home, kept the cellophane wrapping on and had a few putts with it on the lounge carpet. However it seemed to me to be no more accurate than my then 15 year-old Ping Sedona blade, so I chopped it back into the shop for a credit of £290 quid which I subsequently used to fund half the cost of a set of new irons.

My most expensive purchase? Was probably a TaylorMade Firesole Driver for about £200.00

Last edited: