Wetter than a gold fishes eyelid.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Been out today on a freebie at Sherwood Forest. I was told it was Petes birthday do. he's a Dr (ex) and he explained it was his 10 yr birthday since his Missis did CPR on him 10 yr ago so he has a 2 nd birthday bash. As he is reborn.
Anyway Forecast was not brilliant but going in for breakfast at SF it was not to bad. First hole not to bad, Then Jimmy Ballax, the heavens opened up and he brought his sister as well. I have never ever ever got as wet in all my life. mr Galvin Green was doin his best to keep me dry, But even Moses and his two by two had walked in after six holes
After about 11 holes it got cold and wet. I was having a serious fall out with me self. The fact I tweaked me ankle and knobbed it for 8 shots on that hole proper bogged me off. Funnily enough in the clubhouse all four of us said we had had enough by that stage
The fairways were just unbelievable to play off. With all that water there was not a drop or a puddle anywhere. but the greens. It was like pitching or playing onto a paddling pool. I finished with 27 points not playing my best. But when we came off none of our tackle needed cleaning, it has all been washed clean. But God how it needs drying out, the house is full of kit drying. Trevs waterproofs were covered in bubbles from his wash powder.
Today was one of those days when ones faith in ones hobby was seriously tested.
Me it took five mins to get home, but was talking to four lads from Watford who were playing SF for the first time. Feel sorry for them poor sods coming that far and having to play in that.
Don't talk to me for half an hour coz am in the bath.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's one of the down sides of having an outdoor hobby in the UK. Luckily, really bad days like that are few and far between (in the south anyway).

By the way, goldfish don't have eyelids.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It's one of the down sides of having an outdoor hobby in the UK. Luckily, really bad days like that are few and far between (in the south anyway).

By the way, goldfish don't have eyelids.

I knew I should of said goldfishes tuppence

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sounds like the course was unplayable, surprised it was open.

Well done for persevering Tashy.

Honest Louise, ave read your post and your not missing owt at the moment. It really was a test of ones faith today.
It was really odd coz the fairways were just gorgeous to play off. But the greens were like pools.
When we finished at 2.45 there were 13 cars in the car park. Four were ours and the guys from Watford had 2 or three.
Once more am a bit gutted about playing Sherwood. This time it bladdered it down and last time there was 17 temp greens. 😟

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been out today on a freebie at Sherwood Forest. I was told it was Petes birthday do. he's a Dr (ex) and he explained it was his 10 yr birthday since his Missis did CPR on him 10 yr ago so he has a 2 nd birthday bash. As he is reborn.
Anyway Forecast was not brilliant but going in for breakfast at SF it was not to bad. First hole not to bad, Then Jimmy Ballax, the heavens opened up and he brought his sister as well. I have never ever ever got as wet in all my life. mr Galvin Green was doin his best to keep me dry, But even Moses and his two by two had walked in after six holes
After about 11 holes it got cold and wet. I was having a serious fall out with me self. The fact I tweaked me ankle and knobbed it for 8 shots on that hole proper bogged me off. Funnily enough in the clubhouse all four of us said we had had enough by that stage
The fairways were just unbelievable to play off. With all that water there was not a drop or a puddle anywhere. but the greens. It was like pitching or playing onto a paddling pool. I finished with 27 points not playing my best. But when we came off none of our tackle needed cleaning, it has all been washed clean. But God how it needs drying out, the house is full of kit drying. Trevs waterproofs were covered in bubbles from his wash powder.
Today was one of those days when ones faith in ones hobby was seriously tested.
Me it took five mins to get home, but was talking to four lads from Watford who were playing SF for the first time. Feel sorry for them poor sods coming that far and having to play in that.
Don't talk to me for half an hour coz am in the bath.

Serves you right Andy for making me do 18 at Warrington in a monsoon!!!
I will check the forecast before I invite you back.
As an aside,I wonder what happened to Bescumber and The Wilshaw Whippet ,not a murmur since we played.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Serves you right Andy for making me do 18 at Warrington in a monsoon!!!
I will check the forecast before I invite you back.
As an aside,I wonder what happened to Bescumber and The Wilshaw Whippet ,not a murmur since we played.

I still wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats thinking about that round in Biblical conditions 😁
Hmm your right not seen either of them on here for a bit. Hope there ok.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do wonder at lads who will travel that far to play at this time of year.
i stay local in winter .
we have had a lot of rain here in NW and comp is off tomorrow.
as its pissing down now .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sounds like the weather from our Royal Cinque Ports meet finally arrived up north!!

I dont want to play in the rain ever again - but the Galvin Greens did well

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sounds like the weather from our Royal Cinque Ports meet finally arrived up north!!

I dont want to play in the rain ever again - but the Galvin Greens did well

No, it's been cloudless and a balmy 9*C up here. I've been in shorts and flip flops up here in Aberdeen

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No, it's been cloudless and a balmy 9*C up here. I've been in shorts and flip flops up here in Aberdeen

same here, went out for a few holes at 5pm and managed to get first 5 then cut across to 16,18 and 18.

not a Cloud in the sky, though there was frost first thing.