Well This is Something That I Never Thought I Would Say................

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
but I think that I have become a white driver convert. I hated the idea of them and thought that it was a marketing gimick so as everyone knew that a pro on TV was using a Taylormade driver.

At a loose end today, wife out all day, normal playing partners not available so thought I would see if I could take a driver on a trial on the course. Over the last few weeks I have been having issues with my 12 degree driver. Since I made changes to my swing it has started to baloon with next to no run as it just drops out of the sky and the distance loss has been costing me. I was not looking to spend a fortune on a lower loft one so was looking at budget makes or second hand. The pro handed me a Benross Quad RIP with a shiney white head. My first question was does it come in a normal colour but sadly not. So, out I go with it and I really noticed a difference in the ease of allignment and the fact that the head stood our really helped. After a couple of holes I loved the look of it.

It helped that the performance was pretty good as well. Yes I had to focus a bit more to make sure that I got it launching how I wanted (the current driver I could just walk up and hit without thinking) but the distance gains were impressive and the flight was better than my 12 degree with my old swing.

Not purchased anything yet but if I do make a change then I would have no worries about a white head or, indeed, in buying a Benross.

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi GB72, if you fancy a bit more research!!!, Sudbrook Moor is having a Ben Ross Demo day, June 13th, 1.00 I think, although I would check with the pro shop.

Not that I would want to encourage you not to support your pro, but Tim is very helpful:))

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Guy I was playing had the RBZ's in the bag, driver 3 and 5 wood. Loved the look of them and they really flew well. I've a white hybrid (TM Superfast Burner) and to be honest i've no qualms about the white head. I'm not really in the market for a new driver or fairways but the lure of the RBZ is strong and I keep wanting to give them a bash just to see what the fuss is about

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi GB72, if you fancy a bit more research!!!, Sudbrook Moor is having a Ben Ross Demo day, June 13th, 1.00 I think, although I would check with the pro shop.

Not that I would want to encourage you not to support your pro, but Tim is very helpful:))

It was Sudbrook that I went to and paid for a round and took it out with me.

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Same with me over the last few weeks. Lost confidence with my ghost putter in December and have been using old one for a few months. At golf live yesterday, rekindled an old flame and ended up buying rbz hybrid and 3 wood + r11s driver ! Lucky my birthday is coming up :D

-Alex