Wedgie question

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 42387
already picked them up today, what does the letters F and S mean ? its Been weird playing last few days with just a LW so definitely didn’t want to wait 6 weeks.

52 /12?

Definitely a club for fluffy sand, deep grass or vey soft fairways and 48/10 is bit on the high side for bounce for the sort of shot you say you want them for.

G1z1

Visit site
Had a play around with them on the sim, all half shots 58 degrees was getting me 40 yards, 52 degrees was getting me 55 yards and 48 degrees 65 yards . So pretty happy with the yardage and they seemed really consistent. Did notice they felt noticeably harder and quite clickey compared to they mizuno irons ive just got. Noticed it right away because I’ve been using the mizuno pw a lot for quarter and half shots past few days due to not having any wedges.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Amateurs talkin about bounce!! Come on folk just practice more a club will never improve your skill level.
But getting 'the right' club for the circumstance will certainly help that undervalued element for less than full shots - confidence! And it's especially useful to have the right attributes for bunker shots.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who uses a 52 from sand?

I do but a low bounce one for when the sand is very compacted.

There was a time, for many years, a 52 wedge was the most lofted wedge I carried. I used to practice loads in those day and I learnt to open and close it with different ball positions to create most wedge lofts.

I only put a high bounce 56 wedge in the bag when they changed the sand to very fine fluffy sand which they to put in with a 2" layer.

D

Deleted member 1147

Yes, I might use a 7 iron if I am in a fairway bunker but a 52 would not be my sand iron of choice.
If it’s slightly plugged, or on hard/wet sand, or a longer bunker shot, you could use less loft.

D

Deleted member 1147

Again, not for a standard shot.
Blowing my own trumpet a bit, but bunker play is probably the best part of my game in relation to my 5 hcp.
I always use my 58 degree mid bounce Ping Glide 3.
yeah, for a standard, common or garden, bunker shot I'd use my 58