weather apps.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you can see the top of the hill it's going to rain.
If you can't see it it's raining.

If someone said it was going to rain here all day yesterday, they were right. :(

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two apps I use are WeatherPro and RainToday. RainToday is very good as it has a decently accurate rain radar function that is very good on the day and at least gives you a chance of accurately knowing when you are going to get wet!! Highly recommend RainToday if you are in the UK; don't think it works elsewhere.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The biggest thing that annoys me about these Apps is that they're all using the same information
Ok, it may have been gathered from different sources but the data must be, at least, similar.
So how are some able to get it right and others seem to be sticking a finger in the air..?
BBC is often very inaccurate

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The biggest thing that annoys me about these Apps is that they're all using the same information
Ok, it may have been gathered from different sources but the data must be, at least, similar.
So how are some able to get it right and others seem to be sticking a finger in the air..?
BBC is often very inaccurate

Speed of updating

The met office update all the time

The BBC changed from the met office this year so if it was auto updated from them it now comes from another source

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Met our greenskeeper yesterday. I mentioned i would not be playing today. He said the weather app he uses ( One a supplier subscribes to ) it has forecast 9mm of rain today on the course. Think we had that before midday. Anyway i use the BBC app, which is not far off. What do others use

Storm radar which is what our gks suggested as pretty accurate and shows weather moving in and dark sky seen as it's good enough for formula 1 teams.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
There’s a website I use (rather than an app) that has a real-time link to the local meteorological station and displays the various stats and then produces a forecast off the back of that, seems pretty accurate at least for the coming 48hrs or so

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use Accuweather. I think I started using that because that's what my company uses to determine when cranes are winded off, etc.

I don't think there's a single app out there that's 100% reliable. And if you look any further in advance than 24 hours it's all likely to change anyway. I don't expect too much when I check it, I just want to know (a) if it's likely to hammer down all day or whether it's just the odd shower or (b) the temperature so I know how many layers to stick on or put in the bag.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use GolfWeather as it uses the tower nearest to your selected course, allows you to save favourite regular courses. I find this 95% accurate.

I also use XC weather which is one common in gliding as it’s very accurate with wind, which playing on a downland course can be very helpful.

Both apps are free

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Accuweather. Been using it years.

I spend a fair amount of time wandering around Europe in a camper nowadays and it's proved extremely reliable at delivering timely local, and area, conditions which translate well to local golfing, or fishing, forecasts at home.

It can also be a source of significant amusement when viewing on a daily basis and reading 7 different descriptions of, fundamentally, the same grey and wet weather...🤔

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
"Weather & Radar" - German app. I believe, seems to be very accurate and I mostly ignore the actual forecast and look at the radar representation. That seems to be far more accurate in determining what's on it's way.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just a quick update. Am all apped up. Had a quick down load earlier on and now have 6 weather apps. The radar one looks the danglies.