weather apps.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Met our greenskeeper yesterday. I mentioned i would not be playing today. He said the weather app he uses ( One a supplier subscribes to ) it has forecast 9mm of rain today on the course. Think we had that before midday. Anyway i use the BBC app, which is not far off. What do others use

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I alternate between bbc, the one already on the iPhone and the met office! And I go by whichever one says it’s not going to rain! 😂

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't get me started on weather forecasting :mad: If I planned my golf by the forecasts, I'd hardly play.

My pet gripe is the "50% chance of rain". It will either rain or it won't. They got it 100% right.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't get me started on weather forecasting :mad: If I planned my golf by the forecasts, I'd hardly play.

My pet gripe is the "50% chance of rain". It will either rain or it won't. They got it 100% right.

Maybe get a better app to look for a forecast 👍
Forcasting weather is not a exact science but I’ve found most of the time the app that I use is very accurate.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve been using DarkSky and found it great, saved us getting soaked twice this summer during BBQ season.

Also helped with suncream days and playing day out. Works on Apple Watch too so always got the forecast at a glance.

idiotdogbrain

Visit site
Dark Sky - hyperlocal weather (haven't paid for the app yet, just use the website), tells you to within the minute when it's likely to start raining within the next hour or so. Very useful..

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Met Office and Accuweather.
Are the two I use.
I find the radar and 2 hour minutecast on accuweather easy to get on my phone, but find the met office over the upcoming day or two more accurate.
No statistical justification for this, just how it seems to me.
I have to say, modern weather forecasting is bloody fantastic.
Oh, the 'expert charts' on weatheronline are really good for up to a week ahead.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find the BBC tend to be too cautious with their forecasting. I use YR, the Nowegian forecasting app, which is more accurate than the Met Office.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I find the BBC tend to be too cautious with their forecasting. I use YR, the Nowegian forecasting app, which is more accurate than the Met Office.

Perfect for golfing in Norway.

BBC and "look west" when I'm up. If it's dry or bright bingo. If it's wet or dark and threatening iook West again in an hour and repeat. Unless it's an easterly but 90% of the time we get westerly winds.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use the BBC app on my phone

What I do first thing in the morning is to watch the local news and weather (BBC West) on the BBC they are usually very accurate. Today was exceedingly good rain band forecast to be slightly North of South Somerset until late afternoon. Full round of golf in the dry between 11 and 2.30.

Met office far more accurate than the BBC who claim to get their information from the Met office.

I thought BBC now use Meteogroup " MeteoGroup is providing the BBC with its advanced WeatherSuite product"