VW Emissions

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I also am not sure what the issue is. The cheat system enables lower tax, not sure why it needs to be corrected. The car still drives fine, mots fine, etc.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They sold their cars under false pretences, compensation is due.

They also (possibly) scammed the government to allow lower road tax.

Can't see it. The cars were marginally less poluting than declared. The owners paid less tax as a result. The Gov are due the compensation, not the owners. Not sure how anyone can see it otherwise.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's an immissions light... but I'll try & find out more
At a guess it is more likely to be dpf related. If so it is not linked to false emissions results. All depends on why the light is on but I'm not sure of the connection still.

VW manipulated the testing but the car / engine is still sound.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's the EGR valve.... lots of incidences of VW owners managing to get free replacement after lengthy negotiations etc. Daughters car is a Skoda so not sure if VW will do anything

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A quick google via skoda forums suggests it is a known vw/skoda/seat issue. Nothing to do with the emissions scandal, just a weak design. Raise it with the dealer as being a common, known fault. If your daughter has used them for servicing and it is a known weakness they may be more willing to compromise and help out.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A quick google via skoda forums suggests it is a known vw/skoda/seat issue. Nothing to do with the emissions scandal, just a weak design. Raise it with the dealer as being a common, known fault. If your daughter has used them for servicing and it is a known weakness they may be more willing to compromise and help out.

Is the correct answer.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best resource would be Briskoda, the Skoda forum of choice.
VW group have had issues with their EGR valves for quite some time, but I think the quality has dropped meaning even more issues as a result.