Car warranty

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if you have had a repair recently. Photos are taken of every angle of the car prior to work starting.

There’s no room for dodgy claims of “that wasn’t there” anymore.

My car is with BMW repair centre at the minute and I, and the 3rd party insurer, were sent 30 image files taken from all round the car. Damage I stated was caused in the incident was circled blue, all other damage (in this case just a front alloy) was circled green.
When I say "that wasn't there before", yes I mean some other damage, but mechanicals that are claimed to be caused by the accident, and the owner looking at the insurer to repair.
It may be hard to belive,but it happens and people then complain when those such issues are turned down.....and then my wife gets involved:)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't doubt for one second that there are dodgy gits out there.

My mate gets the usual “£100 cash if you tell the insurer my alloys are damaged and get me a new set”…

Along with uninsured modifications.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watch out on that one I had a row with my garage as I was told year 1 then year 3

But turns out it's year 1
Then year 2
Then year 4

Confirmed by vauxhall directly but they hadn't fully communicated to their dealers

Year one is an £90 inspection then year 2 full service then 4 etc

So rather than 1 3 5 it's year 1 2 and 4

Thanks for that re-reading that it say I see it is 1,2 4 easily misread as 1,3 and 5. The dealer said to go on mileage 8k, 16k 16k

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if you have had a repair recently. Photos are taken of every angle of the car prior to work starting.

There’s no room for dodgy claims of “that wasn’t there” anymore.
Ditto to that I could not believe the extent of detail to which the repairer went when checking the car (full report sent to me) prior to repairing it.
It was the same with the courtesy car before I got it and when it was returned.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that re-reading that it say I see it is 1,2 4 easily misread as 1,3 and 5. The dealer said to go on mileage 8k, 16k 16k

Yeah it's so easy to misread, my dealer refused to accept it was that and I had to argue with them to service my car at year 2.. but I didn't want the warranty void or whatever because of it.

Luckily EV forums know more about EVs than dealers.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's so easy to misread, my dealer refused to accept it was that and I had to argue with them to service my car at year 2.. but I didn't want the warranty void or whatever because of it.

Luckily EV forums know more about EVs than dealers.
One of the funny things was that I looked up the service interval (via the net) before buying and quite a few were saying 1,3,5.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the funny things was that I looked up the service interval (via the net) before buying and quite a few were saying 1,3,5.

Yeah I remember a car website even changed their article when it was discovered it wasn't correct.

It was explained in the end that it is every 2 years from day dot but that year 1 is an additional inspection rather than a restart the counter

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I remember a car website even changed their article when it was discovered it wasn't correct.

It was explained in the end that it is every 2 years from day dot but that year 1 is an additional inspection rather than a restart the counter
You may be interest to know

I decided to takes this up directly with Peugeot and they said the car has to be serviced annually to meet the warranty requirements. When they list 1,2 and 4 years in the literature this merely describes what 'extras' are done at each service.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You may be interest to know

I decided to takes this up directly with Peugeot and they said the car has to be serviced annually to meet the warranty requirements. When they list 1,2 and 4 years in the literature this merely describes what 'extras' are done at each service.

See that's 100% wrong. They don't even know their own requirements! It says clearly in the manual 16000 miles or 2 years between services (or whatever milage it is I seem to remember it's 16000)

They can't make stuff up 😂

Because a warranty is "in keeping with the manufacturer guidelines"

Which is the manual!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See that's 100% wrong. They don't even know their own requirements! It says clearly in the manual 16000 miles or 2 years between services (or whatever milage it is I seem to remember it's 16000)

They can't make stuff up 😂

Because a warranty is "in keeping with the manufacturer guidelines"

Which is the manual!
Thanks

Have taken it up again with them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps they have changed thier servicing requirements for any amount of reasons. They wouldn't be the first.

It's more likely that they don't know the difference between a normal one and an electric one ..

For example here is my guidelines

@jim8flog (tagged as this is what you need to look at)

Screenshot_2023-10-02-17-32-16-42_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

Clear as day it's 12,000 miles or 1 year for petrol cars but far right collum electric cars 16000 miles 2 years

The additional 1 year service is at 8000 miles or 1 year as displayed below it

But I would put money on the person at Peugeot has just read the petrol service schedule

However this page is where the confusion has come in .. the 1 year doesn't reset the 2 year count which they thought at first ... it is additional .. the 2 years is set from moment the car leaves the dealer