Volvik Vivid Golf Ball

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I had a few with me on the Sunningdale trip.

Had the red ones. Easy to see and performed well.

They gave StuC a headache when he looked at them so massive bonus there.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of our lads found a red one and we all had a chip with. For me it felt clicky and glacial - almost as if it could shatter if you hit it hard enough.

My own view is that they look and feel horrible although the S version's meant to be pretty decent.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
was at the range yesterday and had a look at one in the pro shop
now im blind as it burnt my retina out, jeez you should only look at those things through eclipse standard eye protection.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I found a blue one the other day and put it in play to see how it was. Couldn't have been harder to see if it was camo. Ok if playing on snow I guess....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oi!

I only lost one there and that's when I airmailed the green from 207 with a seven iron on the 11th on the new course. I was gutted!

Wasn't yours I found then. Found one at Sutton Green (white) yesterday just off the fairway. Maybe someone hated them as much as me and just left it there. Gave it to a mate and he tried it. Now he's a new golfer, not that great and will play anything but he hated the feel too. Just think they are a horrible ball

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought two sleeves yesterday, green and pink, played them throughout the round and I like them. For me they felt soft off the putter face, they were giving a lovely penetrating ball flight off the driver and 3 fairway, to the point where one of the lads who I was playing with commented the same. Spin around the green can't really comment as it's not something I can do with any ball, well not something I can do intentionally.

If I get a chance I'd like to compare them on GC2 against the Mizuno JPX and Srixon AD333 which are the other two balls I play and just see with my swing if there is much difference between them.

Other points, the balls held up well, no scuffing or marks, both the pink and green are dead easy to see in the air and really easy to see on the ground from a good distance even in the grass.

For me, when I hit the Volvik well it seemed to go further, on a few holes where the JPX or AD333 have held up and stopped the Vivid was a good few yards further on. Now whether that was down to the course conditions and weather I couldn't say, but the ground wasn't overly hard, we have had quite a bit of rain up here in the NE, it was warm yesterday, but only high teens, low twenties, but as wrote at the start I like them, a lot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bought two sleeves yesterday, green and pink, played them throughout the round and I like them. For me they felt soft off the putter face, they were giving a lovely penetrating ball flight off the driver and 3 fairway, to the point where one of the lads who I was playing with commented the same. Spin around the green can't really comment as it's not something I can do with any ball, well not something I can do intentionally.

If I get a chance I'd like to compare them on GC2 against the Mizuno JPX and Srixon AD333 which are the other two balls I play and just see with my swing if there is much difference between them.

Other points, the balls held up well, no scuffing or marks, both the pink and green are dead easy to see in the air and really easy to see on the ground from a good distance even in the grass.

For me, when I hit the Volvik well it seemed to go further, on a few holes where the JPX or AD333 have held up and stopped the Vivid was a good few yards further on. Now whether that was down to the course conditions and weather I couldn't say, but the ground wasn't overly hard, we have had quite a bit of rain up here in the NE, it was warm yesterday, but only high teens, low twenties, but as wrote at the start I like them, a lot.

Interesting and glad you had a more positive experience than I did. I have to agree their durability is excellent and the ones I used didn't scuff. The yellow and green ones I had were really good. The yellow one in particular was clear to see in flight and in the semi rough

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You do realise that the Vivid is not the premium ball offering from Volvik?

It's the S4 which actually is a decent offering.