Vivid dreams?????

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
At various times in my life I’ve always had vivid dreams related to fishing. No idea why, I enjoy fishing but it’s not a major part of my life! Either I’m at a lake or river from my childhood, sometimes it’s the docks or an ornamental pond and I just cannot get set up. Can’t find the gear I want, birds nest knot on my reel etc....Or the other variant, I AM fishing and hook into a monster. Literally... It will be about 5ft long and ugly as hell! I fight it as it comes to the surface but it will dive down and escape. Sometimes I end up falling in the water!!

Explanations on a postcard please.?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm going for my confirmation tomorrow :eek::p
Went for 12 today after THE Golfer IS ME dream again this a.m. but this time 'dreams can come true' scenario was in play.
Was 9over after 9(pretty crappy,cold and very breezy conditions(we are on a hill right enough + some winter greens),but delighted!!
Let's forget about 10/11/12 as THE DREAM went to nightmare--think my split-personality came out for those three.
Now all I need tonight is Carly Booth as doubles partner in tonight's delve into the ethereal world-wish me luck!
Jimbo
Flog the covidiots!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've just had a right weird, and slightly worrying :oops:, morning-dream after waking up earlier then drifiting back for a couple of hours.

I was caddying/helping someone play in a competition, but it was in kind of an urban setting, buildings and houses seemed to pop up and get in the way of the shots. Bizarrely, suddenly it was night-time and raining and I was in the street outside an Osteopath with a big shop window in like a high-street. Somebody said "that's Fragger's place, you can sleep there", so I went in and crashed on the sofa, but then he came in a woke me up. Then I had to try and explain the above :oops:.

I'd love to find out where all these ridiculous dreams come from.
He gets into everyone's head eventually :cautious:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jeez.
Just had a really weird one wake me up. Can't remember exactly what it was about, but it involved 3 well known American golfers, (I think one of them was Jordan Spieth), arguing about the grip thickness of their respective irons, quickly changed to me having to lead a group of people into cleaning out a large building of rubbish that I seem to remember having done before!!
Now 1.18am and I've got to try to get back to sleep.....:cry::cry::cry:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a strange one again last night, i dreamed i was Edward Lutyens and was building a mock castle for some fatcat and could not agree on the style of it!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have had a few recently, so I blame Smiffy for raising the profile of weird dreams.

The UK was invaded by Serbians wearing tye dyed jeans, plaid shirts in red and black, and battered straw hats. It was then illegal for any shop that sold clothes to sell anything else. There was more to it, but that is what I remember.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have had a few recently, so I blame Smiffy for raising the profile of weird dreams.

The UK was invaded by Serbians wearing tye dyed jeans, plaid shirts in red and black, and battered straw hats. It was then illegal for any shop that sold clothes to sell anything else. There was more to it, but that is what I remember.

Did you spend any time in Tilbury recently?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Mrs tried to explain a weird one she had last night - it was very, very weird - in fact it in it's bizarreness it reminded me of such as the cover of Nursery Cryme (the Genesis albums for non-believers) - or Alice through the Looking Glass...I even thought it might be worthwhile capturing for a fantasy novel :)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Usually if I have dreams about golfing I never actually hit a shot. There is always something that stops me, cannot get the tee in the ground, trees in the middle of the tee box so you cannot find a good spot to tee up the ball and other such stupidity. However, last night I managed to hit a shot off the tee but it went into some houses and was heard smashing glass. I went over to apologise only to find some mad woman throwing broken pot ornaments at me. Absolutely bonkers stuff.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was being chased by a green polar bear (watched Terror last night) on Dawlish Warren sands that turned into a supermarket aisle from Chrischurch NZ where Boris was at the till!!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One from years ago that I have never forgotten. Ordered a load of ice cream cones from an ice cream van but when he handed them over they were tins of beer. Next time I looked they were hand grenades so I started throwing them at people nearby.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ha ha see my post 48.
I think maybe it was SILH said he has the same dream of teeing up but not being able to hit the shot, I've had this dream for years. There's always something in the way of the backswing, a wall, tree, people etc etc.... Bizarre.
I think that this theme regularly crops up over the years. I'm another one who has this dream - virtually the same. A variation is where I'm struggling to get to the 1st tee because there's something wrong with the clubs/bag/trolley/whatever and I end up several holes behind my partners.