Vivid dreams?????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is anyone else having really vivid dreams whilst under lockdown/furlough?? And before you start, I'm not talking "pervy" ones!!
I'm finding at the moment that I'm having really weird ones, much more vivid than normal, and seem to be having more of them, although realistically I don't suppose I am.
Had one last night that woke me up about 1.30am and I've not been able to get back to sleep. A really weird one, not a "nightmare" but bad enough to wake me.
Anybody else suffering????

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had some recently that are just plain bonkers. Some of them featured people that i have not seen or spoken to for more than 30 years and had completely forgotten about.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I go through phases, the weirdest theme though recently (and i should probably look into this more!) It is me, in a church reading eulogies. For people I know (all alive) I have had this about 10 times, all different people have died!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Funny you should bring that up, the last two nights i've had some very strange ones and not slept well at all. while its been cold i've slept like a log, last two nights its been warm!!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Dreamt I had tripped up the other day woke myself up kicking me legs and putting my hands out trying to stop the fall. had a little smile a few seconds later.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I can't usually remember dreams at all but the last few months or so have had lots of weird and vivid dreams, but after a short while I've completely forgotten them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had some recently that are just plain bonkers. Some of them featured people that i have not seen or spoken to for more than 30 years and had completely forgotten about.
Yeah same, my dreams never make any sense. They always seem to be in my childhood house that I haven't lived in for like 15 years. People in the dreams are often not who they are in real life, but I never notice until I wake up and I'm like "hey.. that guy isn't my dad?" Or as you said, often people I haven't seen since school are turning up as if it's normal. Sometimes you wake up and need a good two minutes reflection whether the events in the dream were actually true or not.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The one I had last night was really weird, too weird to even try to comprehend.
I had gone to wave my daughter off on holiday, she was only about 8 or 9 and was seated on a 'plane waiting for take off. The runway was on top of a block of flats but the pilot couldn't take off because a double decker bus was blocking the way.
While he was waiting for it to go, he stalled the plane's engines. He then went round to the front of the plane and lifted the bonnet (!). He jump started it but it started to go in reverse. He hung on for dear life, two mechanics came rushing out and also jumped on the plane trying to stop it.
The plane then took off backwards, tried to fly, but then crashed, killing everybody on board.
Where the hell did that one come from???
?????

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
My main recurring dream is re-taking exams (school and uni) that I failed some years later. I always seem to leave revising until the last minute always saying I won't run out of time.

I wake up in a panic and it takes me a while to realise I've been working for a couple of decades and nobody gives a stuff about my lack of academic abilities anymore. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had gone to wave my daughter off on holiday, she was only about 8 or 9 and was seated on a 'plane waiting for take off. The runway was on top of a block of flats but the pilot couldn't take off because a double decker bus was blocking the way.
While he was waiting for it to go, he stalled the plane's engines. He then went round to the front of the plane and lifted the bonnet (!). He jump started it but it started to go in reverse. He hung on for dear life, two mechanics came rushing out and also jumped on the plane trying to stop it.
The plane then took off backwards, tried to fly, but then crashed, killing everybody on board.
?????
As an alternative to reality it doesn't sound too bad....:unsure:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
i used to have a recurring one where i fell from the top balcony of a block of 30's era council flats
I had a similar one born out of visiting the big Glasgow Department stores in the 1960s - stores such as Lewis's, C&A, Arnott Simpsons, Telfers, Watt Bros., Dalys etc. The thing about these stores is that they has great open staircases, especially from ground to first floor and basement - and I had a recurring dream that I had climbed over the balustrade at one floor (or shuffled along in front of it) and was standing on a little ledge looking down - and I fell - heading down to the half-storey landing not actually that far below - but never landing...

Haven't had that one for a while.

But yes - I have had some weird dreams these last few weeks - and that is something only fairly recently started.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
?????
Ah. The consequences of trying to go on holiday during lockdown. Matt Hancock obviously has more up his sleeve than mere quarantine...

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is anyone else having really vivid dreams whilst under lockdown/furlough?? And before you start, I'm not talking "pervy" ones!!
I'm finding at the moment that I'm having really weird ones, much more vivid than normal, and seem to be having more of them, although realistically I don't suppose I am.
Had one last night that woke me up about 1.30am and I've not been able to get back to sleep. A really weird one, not a "nightmare" but bad enough to wake me.
Anybody else suffering????

I have been plagued with this for years and I'm sure it has worsened since lockdowns appeared on the scene. I have always had my suspicions that taking statins was to blame, do you take them? A related statin side effect is erectile dysfunction - is that an issue?

Mandofred

Visit site
2 dreams...
1. I used to dream of flying like the Human Torch....but always ran out of oomph and eventually landed on my belly. Another occasionally falling from height but always woke up well before the splat. About 20+ years ago I took a few static line jumps at a local airport (chute was included).....neither dream has reoccurred.
2. This one evidently occurs to a lot of ex (and probably current) teachers. You appear at your desk......5 minutes till class starts and you have NO idea (none, nadda...no idea what you did yesterday...) what you are supposed to do that day. That one has slowly receded after 10 years. I played golf with my old boss about 5 years ago, he asked this exact question...he said it's pretty common.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?????

Sounds like you're up for a new career writing videos for Radiohead!