'Ow Much!?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Giving up golf will save you thousands, and happy is the man who has given up golf.
In its place, just go for a walk and discover the network of footpaths in your area and beyond.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Giving up golf will save you thousands, and happy is the man who has given up golf.
In its place, just go for a walk and discover the network of footpaths in your area and beyond.

Actually not a bad point. With the memberships for things like the gym (have a full set up at home now) and golf etc that I addressed or gave up over lock down and found alternatives to, I am probably saving as much as our monthly bills will increase (we only have electric to deal with)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had our oil boiler serviced today, day after putting £1060 in the tank and this bit of news had slipped past me that from 2026 you will not be able to replace oil or gas boilers in your house. ?
Thankfully only 9 years old and engineer says we can still repair and he's very confident we will still be able to get the bits and he's got a guy who can even weld the water jacket.
https://thenegotiator.co.uk/beware-the-boiler-ban/#:~:text=The little-publicised ban on,will face a heating crisis.

oh geez, wish id known this a few mths ago ?????

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Actually not a bad point. With the memberships for things like the gym (have a full set up at home now) and golf etc that I addressed or gave up over lock down and found alternatives to, I am probably saving as much as our monthly bills will increase (we only have electric to deal with)

Whenever I pass one of those glass fronted gyms and peer inside it looks like a torture chamber to me.
Do people pay for that?

My own gym is very simple.
There are no weights, or other equipment.
I find a daily practice of yoga and Tai Chi to be so much better.
It's done in the home and it costs nothing.
Tai Chi can also be practised outside and it's as enjoyable as golf but without the frustration.
Want to save on energy bills? Tai chi warms the body by improving the circulation.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, do you play golf ?
I've been playing golf since the 1960's and been a regular player since the 1980's.
These days knowing that golf is a game you cannot lick I content myself with a weekly visit to various pay and plays in my area.
Altogether I've played about 450 courses. Lowest handicap was 10.

My philosophy these days is that no mechanical swing ever works for long and the older I get the less it lasts.
So I'm having more success with the swing the clubhead method (Ernest Jones) which means I allow the clubhead to turn my body rather than the other way around.
I understand it's used by big LIV Phil.

Don't kid yourself that paying more for clubs will make you a better player.
In the right hands, maybe.