Vintage Golf

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thought you'd like to see the gorgeous Ben Sayers "Silver Crest" irons I won on ebay recently, kindly collected and delivered by Imurg & Fragger.

They were a delight to hit and have taken number one spot in my collection of vintage irons.

Ben Sayers Soles.jpgBen Sayers faces.jpgBen Sayers 3 & 4 irons.jpg

Today I took delivery of a set of MacGregor M85 Colokrom irons, 3 to SW, the 1980s remake, but I don't want to spoil you so I'll wait for another day to post some pictures.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Very nice crow.

Ive taken some photos of old clubs my dad has out in the garage. The niblick in particular looks a dangerous weapon. One of the thinnest clubs ive seen. The sole is absolutely tiny too. Makes these old blades of yours look like game improvement irons. Lol

Theres also an iron stamped with 1 then a 2 over the top. As if the guy made a mistake and said sod it, that will do anyway.

Also got some pics of the clubs he got as a present when he retired. Some lovely persimmon woods and tastey little blades like the ones you collect.

You will have to wait till my tablet gets fixed though. Uploading the pics off my phone never works properly.

Keep up the good work :) always enjoy seeing what old toys you have found.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Very nice crow.

Ive taken some photos of old clubs my dad has out in the garage. The niblick in particular looks a dangerous weapon. One of the thinnest clubs ive seen. The sole is absolutely tiny too. Makes these old blades of yours look like game improvement irons. Lol

Theres also an iron stamped with 1 then a 2 over the top. As if the guy made a mistake and said sod it, that will do anyway.

Also got some pics of the clubs he got as a present when he retired. Some lovely persimmon woods and tastey little blades like the ones you collect.

You will have to wait till my tablet gets fixed though. Uploading the pics off my phone never works properly.

Keep up the good work :) always enjoy seeing what old toys you have found.

You teaser Gary!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When in Glasgow and I've flown up I'll play with my vintage 1985 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Tour Blades and Acushnet Bullseye Flange putter. Maybe one day I'll play a complete vintage set by adding in my same era Macgregor Eye-o-Matic Persimmon woods.

I played that set unchanged from 1985-2005

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
When in Glasgow and I've flown up I'll play with my vintage 1985 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Tour Blades and Acushnet Bullseye Flange putter. Maybe one day I'll play a complete vintage set by adding in my same era Macgregor Eye-o-Matic Persimmon woods.

I played that set unchanged from 1985-2005

Do it! They're great woods.

I've got a set of those Wilson irons, very nice, the Ben Sayers shown above have many design similarities.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Here are the new MacGregor clubs, M85 Colokrom irons, 3 to SW, the 1980s remake.
They've seen some action but hey, these don't come up very often in the UK.
Shown are the 3, 4, 7 and PW, the last two have the most wear on the faces.

I was hoping to get out with them this evening but the weather wasn't on my side so I've booked a 7.00 am tee time tomorrow, can't wait!

MacGregor M85.jpg

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Check out this absolute weapon. I can just imagine the holes I would dig with this on soft winter conditions.

I will take it out for a spin some day but that will have to wait as my back is knackered.

IMG-20170925-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0005.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Check out this absolute weapon. I can just imagine the holes I would dig with this on soft winter conditions.

I will take it out for a spin some day but that will have to wait as my back is knackered.

Nice!

I've got a similar niblick which can cut a sod the size of Africa, see below.

Niblick & Mashie heads 2.jpg Niblick & Mashie heads 3.jpg

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have around 2 dozen boxed (as new) vintage golf balls for someone who may want to
buy them.

i have no idea what they are worth but they the ones in wrapping paper made by slazanger ( see pic below as an idea)

playing golf in wales this week so will post in for sale section when back!

IMG_6621.JPG

D

Deleted member 21258

Going to have to get a wooden driver after playing with Crow at Hankley, the sound of the ball being hit with a wooden driver is lovellllllllllllly.

Joanne did look in the local charity shop for a wooden one in a tub, but didn't have any, still looking Crow.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Going to have to get a wooden driver after playing with Crow at Hankley, the sound of the ball being hit with a wooden driver is lovellllllllllllly.

Joanne did look in the local charity shop for a wooden one in a tub, but didn't have any, still looking Crow.

ebay is your friend Darren. :)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Snuck out for a few quick holes this evening with the Ben Sayers Silver Crest irons and my latest addition, a Slazenger Powerthrust 2 wood, try not to drool on your PCs.

Ben Sayers 3 & 4 irons.jpg
Slazenger sole.jpg Slazenger top.jpg

Played some good and some cack but the new 2 wood was great, it gives a slightly higher flight which most of my 1 woods struggle to achieve using modern balls.
Played a few 2 ball holes, wood from tee vs iron from the tee and apart from one shank I was drilling the 3 iron away as well. :D

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A nice evening so got to the course for just after 5 and despite being held up by a two ball for a few holes I managed to get 18 in, the last two in near darkness...

Played the clubs in my previous post again but with my latest addition, a Leyland "Ralph Moffitt" Autograph putter, see below, nice.

Leyland putter sole.jpg Leyland putter face.jpg Leyland putter back.jpg

Somehow made a score of 33 points in spite of my usual chipping woes, best summed up by the third hole where I was just short of the green in two, duffed a chip two feet, bladed the next over the green, duffed the next 6 inches, bladed the next onto the green and took two putts for a rock solid 8. There were 5 horror chips in total over the round so should have beaten handicap.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a society game at Stourbridge GC yesterday using the bag below:
MacGregor Synchrolite persimmon 1 wood
Slazenger Powerthrust persimmon 2 wood
Uniroyal Arnold Palmer laminated 3 & 4 woods
Macgregor Colokrom M85 irons
Leyland "Ralph Moffitt" Autograph putter.
Vintage bag 05-10-2017.jpg
Struggled to get the 1 wood away for the first few holes so switched to the 2 wood. Not a great scoring day (chipping pathetic as per usual) and came in with 27 points, not last though!

On the new clubs front, the Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades turned up today, tasty!
Unfortunately with a few qualifiers coming up and evenings too short now, it might be a few weeks before I can get these out on the course, unless I play a qualifier with them next weekend. :D
Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades.jpg

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw a guy at Royal Lytham yesterday in full plus fours rig, couldn't get close enough to see if he was playing with vintage clubs though.