New Putter time - Sub70 004 Mallet

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
I posted in the "I've just bought" thread that I'd just bought one of the new Sub70 004 Mallets & I have to say I think it's a bit of a bargain!!

comp7.jpg

comp3.jpg

I'll put my opinions of it in a review in the review section later, but just wanted to post in the "Lounge" in case anyone else is interested in picking up a Fang style putter.

This one cost £129 delivered! It's milled from carbon steel, comes with a KBS black CT Tour putter shaft, has adjustable weights and Sub70 have been an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish.

Ask away if you've got any questions

Sub70 haven't given me this putter for free or given me any inducements to post this or the review, they are just my honest personal opinions.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I posted in the "I've just bought" thread that I'd just bought one of the new Sub70 004 Mallets & I have to say I think it's a bit of a bargain!!

View attachment 37840

View attachment 37841

I'll put my opinions of it in a review in the review section later, but just wanted to post in the "Lounge" in case anyone else is interested in picking up a Fang style putter.

This one cost £129 delivered! It's milled from carbon steel, comes with a KBS black CT Tour putter shaft, has adjustable weights and Sub70 have been an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish.

Ask away if you've got any questions

Sub70 haven't given me this putter for free or given me any inducements to post this or the review, they are just my honest personal opinions.

how did you get your hands on it, as it’s not on the UK website! It is, effectively, an odyssey #7, but for £129 it could be a bargain.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
I spoke to Nick at SUb70 and asked if / when they were getting the putters in stock

It is similar to an Odyssey #7 - I think most companies have a "Fang" type putter. The USP with this one is that it is milled from carbon steel and doesn't have an insert - which is quite difficult to get unless you get a "boutique" putter made.

£129 is, I think, a great price for what seems to be a quality putter.

Yes, I'll have to see how long the black finish lasts but it's not a concern I've got at the minute

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Their pricing - of all products - seems extremely 'competitive'.
Though even that price is extremely high for a lump of metal on the end of a stick! o_O

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Their pricing - of all products - seems extremely 'competitive'.
Though even that price is extremely high for a lump of metal on the end of a stick! o_O

Agreed, and I don't often buy "new" equipment, preferring to buy second hand. BUt in this instance, having tested a Ping Heppler Tomcat and a new TM Spider EX which were the best part of £270 each!! at the Pro shop, I think that this is "good value"

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Ha, carbon steel, so bog standard steel then. I absolutely lose my mind when the Scotty Cameron pervs go nuts about german stainless steel. Its just low cost stainless with no frills that happens to have been milled in Germany.

A GSS putter head has max cost of £1.12 for material. Carbon steel 90p

Sub 70 one looks great and seems like great value for money, only competition for fully milled at that price are the Cleveland ones. Massively under rated. My only question, and it shouldnt be a problem with such a symmetrical design, is check where the sweetspot is. Sometimes cheaper putters have the sweetspot away from the centre, which annoys my!

Not just cheap putters I should say, I had £375 worth of custom fit edel whos sweetspot was an inch towards the hosel, absolute garbage!