USPGA course

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

Following on from the Torrey Pines thread; which regular PGA tour course would you most want to have a go on?

For me it would be Riviera

Swango1980

Visit site
Augusta. However, given that I could only ever achieve this if I was invited by a member, which clearly will not happen, then my realistic option is Pebble Beach.

I'd also like to have a crack at Chambers Bay, just to see if it really is as bad as the professionals made it out to be when it was used for the US Open.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Looking at the schedule there isn't many that jump out at you. Id personally go for Riviera, Sawgrass, Pebble Beach, Hilton Head, Trinity Forest.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Probably Pebble or Sawgrass but wouldn't mind finding out just how hard Bethpage Black is but it might make me cry....:cry::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Played Sawgrass - disappointed

My courses would be

Cypress Point ( well it used to host a event ? )
Shinnecock Hills
Oakmont
Pinehurst No 2
Kiawah Island
Harbour Town
Riveria

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Following on from the Torrey Pines thread; which regular PGA tour course would you most want to have a go on?

For me it would be Riviera
Agreed. By a distance. Would also be curious to play trinity forest, though I think they are dropping that. For no particular reason, none of the Florida courses rally grab me.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Would want to play Trinity Forrest in Texas.

Coore / Crenshaw design. Wide open fairways, but undulating greens where you want to be well positioned off the tee to give yourself a good look at the target.

I think Harbour Town looks good, but from memory a lot of the holes are very tight with trees cutting and it only opens up for the final few holes next to the harbour.

And of course, would want to be playing from appropriate tees, which will be c. 6,300 yards par 72 with hopefully plenty of run on the fairways.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And, not to be picky (ok, it's a bit picky), but a few of the suggestions are major courses (the PGA or us open), not the regular PGA tour that the o/p refers to.... The dullness of the bog standard tour stops is one of the less uplifting features of the tour.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Regular tour stops have no attraction to me, but I'd love to play Shinnecock Hills, Cypress Point, and quite close to home, Brookline (The Country Club).

I mention Brookline because blokes like myself can actually play Brookline. Just have to win a club championship in Eastern Massachusetts and you get into The Boston Globe's (it's a newspaper) Tournament of Champions at Brookline, one of the USGA's five founding courses. So I guess that they're really not blokes like me after all.

Diamond

Visit site
Regular tour stops have no attraction to me, but I'd love to play Shinnecock Hills, Cypress Point, and quite close to home, Brookline (The Country Club).

I mention Brookline because blokes like myself can actually play Brookline. Just have to win a club championship in Eastern Massachusetts and you get into The Boston Globe's (it's a newspaper) Tournament of Champions at Brookline, one of the USGA's five founding courses. So I guess that they're really not blokes like me after all.
I think from your posts I would like to play Brookline with you and your hickory putter. Maybe also With Crow with his retro blades.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sawgrass Stadium course.

But id be happy to play pebble and hilton head to.
I have played Sawgrass ,it’s fantastic but greens were slow when we played.
It’s got the best clubhouse I have ever seen.
Course is tighter than it looks.
16/17 and 18 best holes I have ever seen.

D

Deleted member 1147

And, not to be picky (ok, it's a bit picky), but a few of the suggestions are major courses (the PGA or us open), not the regular PGA tour that the o/p refers to.... The dullness of the bog standard tour stops is one of the less uplifting features of the tour.
That’s kind of my point; there are lots of great “Major” courses, but on the tour, the regular stops, the best courses are few and far between.
I like the look of Riviera, Hilton Head, the Copperhead, the PGA National (having played it on a simulator), Quail Hollow and Sawgrass. But most others don’t really appeal.