US Open Betting Tips

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I quite like him as a player but what’s the love-in with GM and Tyrell Hatton. He seems to crop up so often on the tips

I’m not a betting guy so won’t be taking that or any other tip but despite his ability Hatton must have one of the weakest mental games of anyone in the top division (along with Thomas Pieters)
I wouldn’t consider laying money out on Hatton from a field of 5 players let alone 150. Not because of ability because he clearly has that in spades (as they all do), he just doesn’t cope well with a bad or 'unlucky' shot and then often compounds it by taking it to the next hole and that is too big a risk if you're laying out cash when there are far more mentally safer players with a similar chance

If GM wanted an outside bet player with similar odds for their tip list then for me Kiradech Aphibarnrat makes far more sense

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
From what I've seen in the press it's looking like the longest & straightest driver wins this week, so can't see much past DJ.

Although I might have a couple of bets on Tony Finau and Brooks defending his trophy.

D

Deleted member 1147

I notice that in recent weeks a lot of top players have been putting driving irons in their bags - DJ, Rory, Day, even Tiger. I suspect that it is in preparation for Shinnecock.
If it becomes a game of fairways and greens, my money is on one of them

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I've gone down the patriotic route and backed Poults, Fleetwood and Rose all E/W.

Completely agree about Hatton, just don't think he has the mental strength to seriously contend in a major.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Less fancied bets for me would be along the lines of Leishmann, Kuchar, Fleetwood, Grace, then as a final one maybe Phil. Been second a load of times and maybe him not taking his driver on every hole is a good thing !!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Less fancied bets for me would be along the lines of Leishmann, Kuchar, Fleetwood, Grace, then as a final one maybe Phil. Been second a load of times and maybe him not taking his driver on every hole is a good thing !!

I like leishmann and grace. Would have to be a top ten bet for kooch, as he is physically incapable of winning. Flletwood seems a bit off ATM...

I need to get a couple in, as I have some soon to expire freebies from the masters to use up, so keep the ideas following. Molinari perhaps? (Though I had him at the players and he was shocking)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't resist it - I've stuck a quid on Tiger to win. He's 22/1 on Sky.
Also got Poulter each way at 100/1, and £2 on Rose to have a bogey-free round, 12/1.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like leishmann and grace. Would have to be a top ten bet for kooch, as he is physically incapable of winning. Flletwood seems a bit off ATM...

I need to get a couple in, as I have some soon to expire freebies from the masters to use up, so keep the ideas following. Molinari perhaps? (Though I had him at the players and he was shocking)

May want to use a free bet for Fleetwood at Carnoustie, his form there is very good and value may be going up as he's been a bit quieter in recent weeks.

Always like Leishman as someone under the radar, seen Gary Woodland tipped at 175-1 with his long game and finding a bit of form. What about Hideki as a front runner you may get good odds for.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Woods at one point was 35 to 1, shortened to 16 to 1, last I saw he was back up to 18, I think Wood's game is trending on the positive side so is worth a punt to win outright, and a possible each way punt on Keegan Bradley who was at 160 to 1.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Woods at one point was 35 to 1, shortened to 16 to 1, last I saw he was back up to 18, I think Wood's game is trending on the positive side so is worth a punt to win outright, and a possible each way punt on Keegan Bradley who was at 160 to 1.
I got Woods at 22/1 on Sky. Not sure why they have him a bit higher than the other bookies.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ve got my final 4 down to Rahm, DeChambeau,Fleetwood and Reed but I can’t back those 4.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve got my final 4 down to Rahm, DeChambeau,Fleetwood and Reed but I can’t back those 4.

really hard tourney to get too involved in before its clear what the conditions will be. Seems a fair bias to early starters on day 1 if you believe certain fcasts

one day its the tightest course in the world with deep rough, the next the rain is softening it up and it wont play as tight as expected etc etc

think players with some success on links style golf seems a decent start point, think driving accuracy is being way overstated

I like DJ but not at current prices (never been a fan of backing the guy who won last week either!). Rose (again too short), Grace, Oosthuizen the sort that fit the profile for me, Fleetwood for sure an interesting one if he can rediscover his top form. Garcia could look a very big price if starts decently